There can be many challenges faced in IT departments: ensuring business continuity, maintaining multiple software packages without interrupting daily operations, and staying atop of rapidly evolving environments to name a few. Bridging the gap between IT standardization pains and lab operational gains can be difficult. Thermo Scientific Chromeleon 7.3.1 Chromatography Data System (CDS) is designed to help lower IT infrastructure costs and minimize upkeep efforts. It provides unlimited scalability, enabling protocol standardization even in GxP regulated environments, performance optimization for WAN environments, and a complete set of capabilities for unattended, centralized deployment and updating.
Chromeleon CDS is also built for the lab, you can standardize your systems with up-to-date technology while leveraging smart features that deliver more "right-first-time" analyses, driving efficiency and faster return-on-investment. All without compromise.
What are users saying?
"Chromeleon is critical in helping us manage instruments and process data from instruments across multiple locations in North America. We've been able to use Chromeleon to help automate some of our analytical routines, saving on time and helping maintain our sample throughput, even with a lower headcount."
- Director of Laboratories, NCS Multistage
Benefits of Chromeleon 7.3.1 CDS for IT
- Cost effective for faster ROI by standardizing your system to reduce costs with no compromise
- Seamless scalability from workstation to global enterprise for central deployment and maintenance
- Management of your CDS with local, regional or cloud data centers
- Efficient, long-term stability using industry-leading data security
- Built-in business continuity in case of network or central resources being unavailable
- Enhanced integration with Thermo Scientific Watson LIMS and SampleManager LIMS, SDMS, and LES
Cost-effective deployment, ownership and maintenance
When selecting a CDS, financial impact is always a first consideration. Chromeleon CDS can ease this impact with:
- Enabling standardization – reducing costs and learning time with no compromise to the lab, with the use of one CDS
- The ability to use one existing infrastructure connected via intelligent discovery service
- Fully tested and documented support for cloud deployment
- Thermo Scientific 247 Instrument Controller providing secure, reliable instrument connectivity, eliminating the need for antivirus or operating system-driven updates and dramatically reducing maintenance costs
- Central management and automated updates, reducing time spent on performing these tasks and minimizing downtime in the laboratory
Security and scalability
As your business is never static, your CDS needs to change accordingly. This not only means being able to grow and manage increased demand but also being able to adapt to the changing requirements of the business and users. Chromeleon CDS offers:
- Seamless scalability from single workstation to global enterprise deployment
- The ability to adapt to every infrastructure such as on premise, virtual, or cloud installations, and providing each with full compliance
- Secure storage of all results in a central relational Database (Oracle™ OR Microsoft SQL Server)
- Chromeleon Data Vault and domain architecture enables additional storage and redundancy as the number of users and/or uptime grows
- Efficient, long-term stability for built-in business continuity with industry-leading data security and integrity tools
- Quick access to software updates with regular maintenance updates for Long Term Stability (LTS) versions
- Product upgrades delivering the latest capabilities with minimal validation
- Dedicated technical support to resolve business-critical issues for fast issue resolution
- Exclusive 24/7 access to online eService portal for timely resolution of routine issues. You can raise a ticket to contact a support professional or connect with industry peers to share experiences.
Business continuity built-in
Ensuring business continuity and preventing data loss or corruption during a network outage (e.g. server failure or network loss) is key to maintaining laboratory operations, data integrity, and compliance. Chromeleon Software provides unique, industry-leading Network Failure Protection (NFP) functionality to deliver 24/7 uptime in two key ways:
- NFP mode is automatically enabled if a network failure occurs. Network-based resources required to operate the software are cached locally allowing the laboratory to continue operations with the data stored on the local computer.
- A 7-day recovery period is automatically enabled, allowing time for the issue to be resolved or for a longer-term solution to be implemented
Chromeleon Software’s unique XVault technology ensures continuous operation and data security.
- During data acquisition, sequences are always run in the XVault, present on each local instrument controller, and the acquired data is synchronized centrally
- In NFP mode, the data interrupted during acquisition can be accessed via the XVault for processing, and reporting, and new sequences can be started – all in accordance with compliance and data integrity guidelines
- After network recovery, the interrupted data (including full audit trails) is automatically uploaded and synchronized to the central server
On-demand webinar series
A Business Continuity Plan
A Business Continuity Plan is a vital part of any laboratory-based business’ strategy to ensure continuous, uninterrupted operation regardless of any internal or external events.
In this webinar series, we will discuss how your choice of chromatography data system can positively affect your ability to plan effectively for unforeseen events and aid you with maintaining 24/7 operation of your laboratory.
On-demand webinar series
Built for IT Without Compromise
As a system administrator, you prepare for fast recovery when faced with disaster, while changing regulatory landscapes require systems that track and record all actions with a strong emphasis on transparency and visibility.
In this series, we discuss how your choice of CDS can enable seamless remote access, help you achieve, maintain and demonstrate compliance and provide IT solutions designed to safeguard your data.
The No-Compromise Chromeleon CDS solution
Chromeleon software bridges the needs of IT and the lab, offering better spend efficiency and easier, complete compliance plus increased efficiency.
Ensure Business Continuity with Chromeleon CDS
Chromeleon 7.3 software is built for IT, delivering a solution that minimizes and protects against system outages and malicious attacks, ensuring uninterrupted access to data and instruments.
Chromeleon CDS – Built for IT
Learn how Chromeleon CDS helps to centralize IT administration tasks, reliably connect instruments and ensure business continuity with the 247 Instrument Controller.
Business continuity and IT management
System requirements and specifications
* Required field