Axiom™ World Arrays and Axiom™ Population-Optimized Arrays are genotyping panels that offer genetic coverage of rare and common variants for efficient genome-wide disease association studies. The arrays include markers that are specific to HapMap populations with high coverage of rare and common variants. The use of imputation enables a highly cost-effective, budget-conscious alternative to other commercially available arrays.
Axiom Population Focused Arrays offer:
- Pre-designed format
- Customizable content—genotype as few as 480 samples on a fully customizable and cost-effective Axiom™ myDesign™ Genotyping Array in 96-layout, which accommodates your own proprietary markers or markers from your genome sequencing initiatives. The Axiom™ Genotyping Solution delivers more content at no additional cost within each design tier.
- Superior microarray design—Axiom pre-designed and custom arrays are synthesized in situ using an Affymetrix™ photolithographic template, which is designed to deliver the same array every time, between and across manufacturing batches
- Robust assay—generate robust and reliable genotypes with minimal user intervention while helping reduce costs and processing complexity. The pre-optimized reagents and validated workflows are combined with empirically validated SNPs to generate the most reliable results.
- Disease associated markers specific to population of interest—consult with Affymetrix Bioinformatics Services to design your arrays with multiple species of your choosing on a single array
- Hands-free workflow—process your samples with end-to-end automation from target preparation through analysis with less than 2.5 hours of hands-on time per 96 or 384 samples. The end-to-end solution reduces hand-on processing time, minimizes user intervention, and offers lower cost per sample including labor than any other solution on the market.
Benefits of Axiom Genome-Wide Population-Optimized Arrays
Each array plate was designed to achieve ~90% genomic coverage (r2 >0.8) in each target population, while covering markers with MAF of 1-5% in areas such as:
- Critical biological categories (e.g., coding SNPs)
- Biological processes (e.g., drug metabolizing genes)
- Disease categories (e.g., cardiovascular disease, cancer, immunity/inflammation, MHC, and CNS)
- Common and rare SNPs and insertions/deletions (indels) from the International HapMap Project, 1000 Genomes Project, and published disease associations
- Genotype-tested genomic content proven to give informative and reliable results
- Markers preselected for coverage in critical biological categories, such as coding SNPs, and biological pathways, such as drug metabolizing or cardiovascular genes
- High sample pass rate, call rate, and reproducibility
- Compatible with the Axiom 2.0 Reagent Kit, GeneTitan MC Instrument, automated or manual workflow, and Genotyping Console™ Software
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.