Advance discovery with consistent results
What makes a great Sanger sequencing polymer? Meticulous attention to detail and an unwavering commitment to day-in and day-out consistency. Our intelligent software and systems continuously monitor quality and help ensure batch-to-batch consistency, with processes in place for the cleanest product possible. With every type of Applied Biosystems Genetic Analyzer on hand, we can stand behind our DNA sequencing polymer’s performance before it arrives in your lab.
Applied Biosystems represents quality and reliability—a reflection of the work being done every day to improve our products. Whether your work is cancer research, drug discovery, GMO detection, or forensics, we focus on quality so that you can focus on getting answers to your most critical questions.
- Only when the highest standards are met do we allow product delivery to your lab
- We focus on quality so that you can focus on research
Video: Manufacturing quality Sanger sequencing polymer
“Testing is performed on Sanger sequencing polymers to verify the correct viscocity to enable the DNA to travel at the appropriate rate and provide the precise sizing and resolution that you need to be successful.”
Format flexibility to fit your workflow
Our polymer performance polymer (POP) chemistries are built to fit in to your workflow, offering:
- Robust formulation and format—preformulated and supplied in ready-to-use bottles (Applied Biosystems 3130 and 3730 genetic analyzers) or pouches (Applied Biosystems 3500 series genetic analyzers) to help to save time and enable consistency
- Versatility—for use in a wide variety of sequencing and fragment analysis applications, such as:
- Flexible size formats—available in 3.5–28 mL bottle formats (Applied Biosystems 3130 and 3730 series genetic analyzers) and 96, 384, and 960-sample pouch formats (Applied Biosystems 3500 series genetic analyzers)
- RFID label—equipped with radio frequency identification (RFID) labels to easily track important information, such as part/lot number, samples remaining, and expiry dates (Applied Biosystems 3500 series genetic analyzers)
Using the right Applied Biosystems DNA polymers for your specific application can help reduce your re-run rate and enable high-quality, reproducible data.
POP for Sanger sequencing applications
|POP-4||For sequencing runs where a small number of base calls are needed of <400 bp|
|POP-6||For sequencing applications when the length of read is important and throughput is not a constraint. Excellent resolution of nucleotides close to sequencing primer. Primarily used in conjunction with the BigDye Terminator v1.1 Cycle Sequencing Kit for sequencing short PCR products.|
|POP-7||Sequencing of read lengths up to 1,000 bp in conjunction with the BigDye Terminator v3.1 Cycle Sequencing Kit|
POP for fragment analysis applications
|POP-4||For human identification applications, other fragment analysis applications, and for sequencing short DNA fragments (<500 bp)|
|POP-6||For sequencing mid-sized DNA fragments (500–fdecc700 bp)|
|POP-7||Confirmational Analysis Polymer is used for non-denaturing polynucleotide fragment analysis applications on genetic analyzers|
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.