Robustness and sensitivity for dioxin analysis in food and feed
Achieve robust and sensitive quantitation of polychlorinated dibenzo-p-dioxins (PCDD), polychlorinated dibenzo furans (PCDF), and dioxin-like polychlorinated biphenyls (dl-PCBs) in food and feed samples in compliance with EU regulation 664/2017. The Thermo Scientific™ Dioxin Analyzer is an end-to-end workflow based on the Thermo Scientific™ TSQ™ 9000 triple quadrupole GC-MS/MS system equipped with the uniquely designed high sensitivity Advanced Electron Ion (AEI) source. Also incorporating a range of hardware and software productivity tools, the workflow delivers reliable and cost-effective routine analysis of dioxins and dl-PCBs.
The Dioxin Analyzer addresses the high cost and complexity faced by scientists testing food and animal feeds for low levels of dioxins and dl-PCBs. The Dioxin Analyzer includes all instrument components, capillary GC column, system suitability check standard solutions, software and comprehensive user guidelines for fast implementation and enablement of ongoing optimum performance. The benefits delivered to laboratories are the following:
- Sensitive determination of trace levels in complex sample matrices facilitated by the new Thermo Scientific Advanced Electron Ionization source, which permits the use of lower sample weights to reduce both the cost of sample preparation and system maintenance.
- Compliance with EU requirements for Dioxin and dl-PCBs in food & feed samples providing confidence in results.
- Robustness over a large variety of samples types and extended uptimes producing consistent results.
- Productive data processing and reporting through a comprehensive suite of software tools and pre-loaded acquisition, calculation and reporting templates designed to meet European Union requirements for confirmatory analysis of dioxin and dl-PCBs.
- Operational simplicity with setup guidance documentation and quality check standard that facilitate out-of-box implementation and reduced training needs.
Increase lab productivity with the Dioxin Analyzer
Ensure sensitivity and selectivity during analysis of dioxins and furans. The Dioxin Analyzer includes consumables, system suitability check standard solutions, e-workflow with acquisition method, data processing, isotope dilution calculator, and reporting methods in compliance with EU regulations, and comprehensive user guidelines for fast implementation and enablement of ongoing optimum performance.
Unique selectivity for dioxin and furan testing
TraceGOLD TG-Dioxin GC Columns
The TG-Dioxin (60 m × 0.25 mm, 0.25 μm) column provides isomer specificity for 2,3,7,8-TCDD and 2,3,7,8-TCDF.
Other features include the following:
- Unique selectivity for the toxic dioxin and furan congeners
- Excellent separation of mono-ortho/di-ortho PCBs
- Peak-to-peak separation between 1,2,3,4,7,8-HxCDF and 1,2,3,6,7,8-HxCDF isomers at <25%
Benchmark sensitivity: GC-MS/MS that meets compliance requirements
The TriPlus RSH Autosampler enables automated and accurate micro-sampling and injection of limited samples resulting from extraction/clean-up and fractionation. The reproducibility of the PTV and SSL injectors, available with the TRACE 1300 Series GC, facilitate excellent chromatographic separation, even with splitless injection of several microliters. Finally, the TSQ 9000 triple quadrupole GC-MS/MS system, with fully optimized SRM transitions, allows the method to be easily implemented into any laboratory. The system delivers reproducible data at high sensitivity to meet all compliance criteria at the lowest LOQ level. This high sensitivity also extends maintenance intervals to deliver routine-grade robustness.
Isotope dilution quantification and compliant reporting smoothly integrated into the CDS
The Chromeleon Chromatography Data System (CDS) with Isotope Dilution Quantification delivers superior compliance tools, networking capabilities, instrument and data acquisition control, automation, compliance-ready data processing, and easy reporting.
Extensive sample reporting templates with 13C-labelled standards recovery, ion ratio, sum parameters, and LOQ flagging, amongst other features, are just some of the advantages of this CDS.
Perform your analyses in regulatory compliance within an enterprise environment—from method creation to final reporting.
Global, dedicated expert support network
The Dioxin Analyzer offers an end-to-end workflow for furan analysis, and dioxin and furan testing in food and beverages. To obtain additional help and support with this system, please click below.