NucRed® Live 647 ReadyProbes® Reagent Protocol
Nuclear stain for live cells
NucRed® Live 647 ReadyProbes® Reagent is a bright far-red cell-permeant nuclear stain for live or fixed cells.
This protocol can be used for:
- Nuclear staining to identify nuclear condensation in apoptotic cells using fluorescence microscopy
This protocol should not be used for:
- Flow cytometry
You will need the following for this protocol:
- Cells growing in culture
- NucRed® Live 647 ReadyProbes® Reagent (Cat. No. R37106)
- Fluorescence microscope with far-red filter
|1. Culture cells in an appropriate medium and vessel for fluorescence microscopy.|
|2. Add two drops of NucRed® Live 647 Reagent per milliliter of medium.|
|3. Incubate for 15–30 minutes.|
|4. Image the cells.|
|Standard filter set||Cy®5|
|EVOS® Light Cube||Cy®5|
|Storage conditions||Room temperature|
- In some cases, more or fewer drops may be needed to achieve optimal staining intensity.
- Image quality may be improved by replacing the culture medium with Live Cell Imaging solution.
Nuclear staining in live hUVECs. hUVECs were grown overnight, stained with NucRed® Live 647 ReadyProbes® Reagent for 20 minutes at 37°C, and then imaged.