Explore the “Getting Started” and “Troubleshooting” sections for solutions to top inquiries and common problems related to Sanger sequencing. Browse through the “Guides and Tools” section to access comprehensive product-related support resources.
- What are the differences between the BigDye™ Terminator v1.1 Cycle Sequencing Kit and the BigDye™ Terminator v3.1 Cycle Sequencing Kit?
- When should I use the BigDye™ Terminator v1.1 Cycle Sequencing Kit?
- When should I use the BigDye™ Terminator v3.1 Cycle Sequencing Kit?
- What is the BigDye™ Direct Cycle Sequencing Kit?
- What are some recommendations for purifying my sequencing reaction?
- How do I begin to troubleshoot an issue when performing Sanger Sequencing?
- My sequencing data has a noisy baseline. Why?
- I am observing noisy sequencing data after a homopolymer repeat. What can I do to get sequence after this region?
- How can I prevent offscale sequencing data?
- Why am I observing no signal in my sequencing data?
Guides and Tools
- Overview: New to Sanger and Next-Generation Sequencing Technology
- Overview: Sanger Sequencing Applications
- Overview: Sanger DNA Sequencing Workflow
- Overview: Primer Designer™ Tool for Sanger Sequencing
- Overview: Sanger Sequencing Method
- Overview: DNA Isolation for Sanger Sequencing
- Overview: Methylation Analysis by Sanger Sequencing
- Overview: Targeted Sequencing by Sanger Sequencing
- Guide: DNA Sequencing by Capillary Electrophoresis
- Citations: Sanger Publications and Literature
- Selection: Sanger Sequencing Instruments and Accessories
- Selection: Kits, Reagents, Accessories for Sanger Sequencing
- Video: Manufacturing Sanger Sequencing Polymer
- Video: Seq It Out Video Series
How to Clean up PCR Reactions with ExoSAP-IT Express Reagent
- Sanger Sequencing and Fragment Analysis Software Trials: download a trial version of Applied Biosystems’ commercially available software
- Applied Biosystems™ Genetic Analyzer Freeware and Patches: download freeware and patches for your Capillary Electrophoresis instrument
- Minor Variant Finder: software for the detection and reporting of minor mutations by Sanger Sequencing.
- Thermo Fisher Cloud: a secure place to store, analyze, and share data
- Primer Designer™ Tool: a comprehensive solution for NGS data verification of human exome DNA sequences by optimized Sanger sequencing
- Applied Biosystems™ BigDye™ Terminator v1.1 & v3.1 5X Sequencing Buffer Calculator: a handy calculator developed by Thermo Fisher Scientific Technical Support to calculate the volume of BigDye™ Terminator v1.1 & v3.1 5X Sequencing Buffer to be used in the DNA sequencing reaction
- Capillary Electrophoresis Guides and Catalog Download
Order oligonucleotides that are custom manufactured to your specifications, including 5’ fluorescent labeled primers and primer pairs for use in CE (Sanger) sequencing.
Get compliance and validation services for Applied Biosystems and Ion Torrent instruments including next-generation and Sanger Sequencing platforms as well as their connected computers and electronic records.
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.