Explore the “Getting Started” and “Troubleshooting” sections for solutions to top inquiries and common problems. Browse through the “Guides and Tools” section to access comprehensive product-related support resources.
- What are the basic elements necessary on an expression vector?
- What are common promoters used for protein expression?
- What is the difference between the Shine-Dalgarno sequence (also known as ribosome-binding site (RBS)) and a Kozak consensus sequence?
- What epitope tag should I choose for my experiment?
- Can you list the pros and cons of the different expression systems?
- My protein is not being expressed. Could you please offer me some suggestions?
- I’m getting antibiotic-resistant clones that are not expressing my gene of interest. What should I do?
- Expression of my secreted protein is not observed. What should I do?
- My expressed protein is not active in a functional assay. Why is this happening?
Guides and tools
- Overview: Protein Expression
- Learning Center: Protein Biology
- Protein Biology Resource Library (useful technical, application, and other learning resources including application notes and methods)
- Guide: Protein Expression Handbook
- Selection: Expression Host Selection
- Selection: Vector Selection Tool
- Videos: Protein Expression–related Videos
- Workflow: Protein Expression Workflow
GeneArt® Cell Lines and Proteins are a suite of service offerings designed to help facilitate protein expression in mammalian cell lines. We can help with every step of the process, including gene design, synthesis, cloning, protein production, and even stable cell generation. Alternatively, we can help with just the parts of the process you request.
Have us utilize our extensive suite of expression vectors and host systems to deliver the necessary protein yield for your application. We offer protein expression and production services in baculovirus and mammalian host systems, as well as protein purification and analysis services.
Whatever basic or discovery research question you are attempting to answer, our molecular biology experts can help to design the best custom solution utilizing our unique suite of technologies. Additionally, our dedicated project managers will guide your project through every step of the process, and constantly keep you informed of our progress. Put your trust in Invitrogen's molecular biology services.
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.