Insect Cell Culture Support
Explore our “Getting Started” and “Troubleshooting” sections for solutions to top inquiries and common problems. Browse through our "Guides and Tools" section to access a comprehensive portfolio of product-related support resources.
- What are the important parameters for routine culture and maintenance of insect cells?
- What is the best way to plate insect cells?
- How many cells do you recommend to use for “seeding” a flask at 50% confluence for insect cells?
- Do you offer serum free insect media?
- What antimicrobials can be used in insect culture and at what concentration?
- I want to split my Sf9 cells but don’t know how to do this. What do you recommend?
- I have Sf9 cells in suspension culture. The cells look really bad: 50% dead three days after reviving. Are they contaminated?
- What are small particles that appear after a few days when growing Sf9 cells? I am not using Gibco™ Fungizone™ reagent, but I am using gentamicin. Are they yeast?
- My High Five™ cells are in log-phase growth in Grace’s Insect Medium plus serum. Why are the High Five™ cells forming large, free-floating clumps with very few cells attached?
- Are spindle shaped Sf9 cells bad? How do I get rid of them?
Guides and Tools
Brochure: Enhance Serum-free Insect Cell Culture with Gibco™ Media
Brochure: Insect Cell Culture
Manual: Growth and Maintenance of Insect Cell Lines
- Overview: Serum-Free Insect Media
- Overview: Insect Protein Production
- Overview: Sf-900™ III SFM Media
- Overview: Medium Supplements
- Overview: Pre-filled Wave Gibco™ Cellbag™
- Learning Center: Cell Culture & Transfection
- Cell Culture & Transfection Resource Library (useful technical, application, and other learning resources including application notes and methods)
- Guide: Gibco™ Cell Culture Basics Handbook
- Selection: Which Insect Media is Right for You?
- Selection: What Media and Insect Cells are Compatible?
- Cell Imaging Guide with Protocols (iPad™ device version): Find fluorescent dyes, reagents, and protocols for cell biology related fluorescence microscopy applications.
- Fluorescence SpectraViewer: Plot and compare spectra, check the spectral compatibility for fluorophores and email the configuration to yourself in a clear printable format.
- Gibco™ Cell Culture Companion: Capture and store vital experiment information on your iPhone™ or iPad™ device in the lab as you count cells, perform cell culture calculations, and generate growth curves. And when you're finished, you can export all data files to your Mac™ or PC.
- 3D Cell (iPad™device version): Learn about the cell and all its structures, rotate the cell 360 degrees, watch live-cell videos, and virtually stain your own cell with Invitrogen™ Molecular Probes™ dyes.
Every cell culture project is unique. We are committed to providing you with products and services customized to your research and production needs. Presenting the Gibco™ quality media you know and trust; customized to your specifications.
The Bioproduction Process Development Team provides in-the-field scientific and business support for Gibco™ cell line and media products as well as Gibco™ PD-Direct™ Services. The unique combination of process science consultants and business development managers work globally to provide product strategies and customized solutions.
Adjust many of our Gibco™ media formulations to create a custom cell culture medium that's just right for you. Add and remove components, customize packaging options and choose QC tests. Customize Gibco™ cell culture media products from 1 L to 10,000 L.
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.