The Thermo Scientific Pierce DMEM for Primary Cell Isolation is classical Dulbecco's Modified Eagle's Medium - High Glucose, which has been shown to be ideal for the isolation of primary cells, including Cardiomyocytes. The Thermo Scientific Pierce Primary Cardiomyocyte Isolation Kit provides isolation and culturing reagents for the optimal yield and viability of primary cardiomyocytes from neonatal heart from mouse and rat.Features of Thermo Scientific Pierce DMEM for Primary Cell Isolation:
– procedure and reagents optimized for viability, yield, purity, and ease-of-use
– isolation protocol requires less than 2 hours compared to up to 21 hours by other methods
– provides a 1.5- to 4-fold increase in yield compared to do-it-yourself methods and other commercial kits
– provides higher viability than do-it-yourself methods and other commercial kits
– cultured cardiomyocytes express the appropriate biochemical markers with validated beating activityIncludes:
• Complete kit includes Cardiomyocyte Isolation Enzyme 1, Cardiomyocyte Isolation Enzyme 2, Hanks' Balanced Salt Solution (HBSS), DMEM for Primary Cell Isolation, and Cardiomyocyte Growth SupplementApplications:
• Cardiomyocyte cell differentiation
• Immunohistochemistry (IHC)
• Functional and biochemical assays
• Biologically relevant system for preclinical drug discovery and predictive disease modeling
The Primary Cardiomyocyte Isolation Kit has been designed to obtain high viability and purity of primary cardiomyocytes using validated reagents and an optimized procedure for enzymatic digestion and culturing. The kit contains two tissue-specific dissociation enzymes, media formulated for primary cell culture, and a cardiomyocyte cell culture growth supplement that promotes the isolation, enrichment and growth of functional cardiomyocytes. The validated protocol ensures optimal isolation and significantly reduces the processing time of isolation when compared to other methods. Addition of the cardiomyocyte growth supplement to culture cells further enriches for cardiomycytes, and cultures have been maintained for up to 7 days using the kit components.
Current methods for dissociation of cardiac cells from heart tissue require repeated (5 to 8 incubations) or lengthy (>16 hours) enzyme digestion, resulting in reduced yield and viability of isolated cells. The Pierce Primary Cardiomyocyte Isolation Kit provides fully optimized reagents and a protocol that prevents overdigestion for the isolation and culture of cardiomyocytes. The complete process from handling primary tissues to seeding cells in culture vessels can be completed within 2 hours.
Because it uses optimized tissue-specific dissociation enzymes, this kit isolates cardiomyocytes with greater yield and cell viability than cells isolated by existing methods. The isolated primary cardiomyocytes express cardiomyocyte protein markers and exhibit contractile function (beating activity, see video), thereby providing a model system for studies of contraction, ischaemia, hypoxia and the toxicity of various compounds. More Product Data
• One-hour procedure to isolate primary cardiomyocytes from neonatal mouse and rat heartsRelated ProductsPierce™ Primary Cardiomyocyte Isolation KitCardiomyocyte Isolation Enzyme 1 (with papain) for Pierce™ Primary Cell Isolation KitsCardiomyocyte Isolation Enzyme 2 (with thermolysin) (20X) for Pierce™ Primary Cell Isolation KitsHanks' Balanced Salt Solution (HBSS) without Ca2+, Mg2+ for Pierce™ Primary Cell Isolation Kits
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.