Thermo Scientific 6X Orange Loading Dye is used to prepare DNA markers and samples for loading on agarose or polyacrylamide gels. It contains two different dyes (xylene cyanol FF and orange G) for visual tracking of DNA migration during electrophoresis. The presence of glycerol ensures that the DNA in the ladder and sample forms a layer at the bottom of the well. The EDTA included in the solutions binds divalent metal ions and inhibits metal-dependent nucleases.
6X Orange DNA Loading Dye is used for conventional DNA electrophoresis.Highlights
• Two-color tracking of DNA migration during DNA electrophoresis
• No DNA masking during gel exposure to UV light
• EDTA binds divalent metal ions and inhibits metal dependent nucleasesApplications
• Analysis of small DNA molecules
• Preparation of DNA ladders, markers, and samples for loading on agarose or polyacrylamide gels
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.