Invitrogen™ Gateway™ recombination cloning uses a one hour reversible recombination reaction, without using restriction enzymes, ligase, subcloning steps, or screening of countless colonies, thereby saving you time, money, and effort. Benefits include:
- 95% cloning efficiency delivers the clone you need
- Maintain orientation and reading frame throughout cloning process
- Efficient cloning of single fragments into multiple vectors simultaneously
- Flexibility to clone multiple gene fragments into a single construct
- Enter the Gateway plaform via TOPO™ cloning vectors containing Gateway att sites or purchase an Ultimate™ ORF Clone already inserted into a Gateway vector
- New advancements such as MultiSite Gateway Technology make Gateway cloning the ideal cloning method for protein expression and functional analysis.
Gateway recombination cloning simplifies cloning workflow
The typical cloning workflow, such as traditional restriction enzyme cloning, involves many steps and can limit your cloning success. For example, certain restriction enzymes cannot be used because they might cut within your gene of interest, truncating the insert and making the gene useless for downstream expression. Additional clean-up steps are also needed, as you experience low-efficiency recovery of recombinants from cloning large fragments, and you waste time screening colonies to find the clone you need. All of these steps take considerable time and effort, and success is not guaranteed. In contrast, Gateway recombination cloning technology circumvents these cloning limitations, enabling you to access virtually any expression system.