I'm a SampleSorcerer
Thanks to Ion Torrent™ next-generation sequencing solutions, I can do plenty of amazing things.
Like get human gene expression research data for more than 20,000 genes simultaneously using just 10 ng of FFPE RNA, and use straightforward analysis tools to go from sample to gene quantitation in under 2 days.
Stories from SampleSorcerers
- See how Dr. Milan Radovich uses RNA and DNA sequencing on the Ion Proton™ Sequencer for translational oncology research.
- Listen to Dr. Ian Cree describe his groundbreaking lung and colon cancer research using Ion AmpliSeq™ technology with only 10 ng of DNA.
- Hear how Dr. Nicola Normanno is using Ion AmpliSeq™ technology to develop a single-tube assay that covers over 500 COSMIC mutations.
Solutions for SampleSorcerers
Research solutions for DNA analysis
- Fast-track oncology research by surveying hotspot regions of 50 oncogenes and tumor suppressor genes, with wide coverage of the KRAS, BRAF, and EGFRgenes.
- Survey over 400 tumor suppressor genes and oncogenes frequently cited and frequently mutated using the Ion AmpliSeq™ Comprehensive Cancer Panel.
- Design and order your custom panel with Ion AmpliSeq™ Designer.
- Video: Analysis of FFPE tumor samples - Nicole Pfarr, Heidelberg University at the Genetic Solutions Tour
- Video: Verification of an Ion AmpliSeq™ RNA Fusion Lung Cancer Research Panel (ASHG 2014 Poster)
- Video: Studying cardiac hypermyotropy using RNA sequencing - Ulrich Broeckel, Medical College of Wisconsin
The Ion Proton™ System helps reduce the high cost and complexity of high-throughput sequencing, and offering it to your lab, on your budget and on your schedule. The system was designed with affordability in mind. Combining semiconductor sequencing technology with biochemistry to directly translate chemical information into digital data helps eliminate the need for expensive optics and complex sequencing chemistries, resulting in a sequencing system that is highly affordable to own and operate.
Valuable results can come from valuable samples that are limited in quantity or difficult to work with. The Ion AmpliSeq™ Transcriptome Human Gene Expression Kitfacilitates the use of precious or degraded samples in critical gene expression studies. The Ion AmpliSeq™ Transcriptome Human Gene Expression Kit requires less total RNA than other platforms require for gene expression profiling experiments. This research panel, which works with as little as 10 ng of total RNA from formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded (FFPE) tissues or small amounts of sample, helps reduce the cost and complexity of gene expression analysis through targeted sequencing of more than 20,000 RefSeq transcripts, with up to eight multiplexed samples per single Ion PI™ Chip run on the Ion Proton™ System.
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.