Explore the “Getting Started” and “Troubleshooting” sections for solutions to top inquiries and common problems. Browse through the “Guides and Tools” section to access comprehensive product-related support resources.
- Are any animal-derived proteins present in the PageRuler™ Prestained Protein Ladder and PageRuler™ Plus Prestained Protein Ladder?
- What are the storage conditions and shelf life for the Spectra™ Protein Ladders?
- I am not sure whether I have the SeeBlue™ or SeeBlue™ Plus 2 pre-stained standard. Is there a way of telling the difference from the cap color?
- Can I use the HiMark™ Pre-Stained Protein Standard with NuPAGE™ Bis-Tris gels and Tris-Glycine gels?
- What are the molecular weights of the proteins in the Novex™ Sharp Unstained Standard?
- A couple of bands in my protein standard are missing on the gel. Can you help me troubleshoot?
- I used one of your protein standards and am seeing some extra bands in the lane. Can you offer some suggestions?
- I used one of your Thermo Scientific™ PageRuler™ prestained protein ladders and did not get good separation of the bands. What could have happened?
- I used one of your pre-stained standards on a Tris-Glycine gel and noticed that the molecular weights of the proteins were different than on a NuPAGE™ Bis-Tris gel. What is the reason for this?
- I used your Thermo Scientific™ SuperSignal™ Enhanced MW Protein Ladder and did not see any bands after western detection. What could have happened?
Guides and tools
- Overview: Protein Standards and Ladders
- Overview: Prestained Protein Standards
- Overview: Unstained Protein Standards
- Overview: Western Blot Protein Ladders
- Overview: Specialty Protein Ladders
- Overview: IEF and Native Protein Markers
- Overview: Protein Separation by Protein Electrophoresis
- Learning Center: Protein Biology
- Protein Biology Resource Library (useful technical, application, and other learning resources including application notes and methods)
- Guide: Protein Analysis Handbook
- Selection: Protein Standards and Ladders Selection Guide
- Video: Protein Analysis Tips and Tricks
GeneArt™ Cell Lines and Proteins are a suite of service offerings designed to help facilitate protein expression in mammalian cell lines. We can help with every step of the process, including gene design, synthesis, cloning, protein production, and even stable cell generation. Alternatively, we can help with just the parts of the process you request.
Have us utilize our extensive suite of expression vectors and host systems to deliver the necessary protein yield for your application. We offer protein expression and production services in baculovirus and mammalian host systems, as well as protein purification and analysis services.
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.