Producers of plastic films, extrusion coatings, blown films, rubber/vinyl, some building materials, lithium-ion batteries, and nonwovens use web gauging technology to make operations more efficient and minimize waste. Too much or too little coating of materials, or too thin or too thick dimensions, could hurt the performance of the product. Too much of a coating or extra thickness could also increase raw material costs and cut into the manufacturer’s profits. Too thin or too little coating could cause sub-standard products that need to be tossed in the trash, which would increase scrap costs as well.
A Web Gauge is a measurement and control system used for anything manufactured in a continuous web process. Web gauging systems help ensure efficient production of uniform, reliable, functional products, and help manufacturers meet stringent customer specifications and guarantee the performance of products. It also helps to make operations more efficient and minimize waste.
If your company is thinking of purchasing a web gauging system, you probably have many questions about the various technologies available. We’ve answered many of those questions on our website. Visit Web Gauging Solutions FAQs to find the answers to these frequently asked questions about web gauging thickness and basis weight measurement systems:
- Why are thickness and basis weight measurement and control systems needed in continuous web manufacturing?
- Are there other benefits from using a web thickness measurement and control system?
- What is the typical payback period (ROI) of a web gauging system
- Are there special considerations for nonwovens?
- Are there special considerations for building materials?
- Are there special considerations for extrusion?
- Are there special considerations for coating and converting?
- Are there special considerations for rubber calendering?
- Are there special considerations for lithium-ion batteries?
Read the answers to these questions, as well as access videos and product comparison tables on our Web Gauging Solutions FAQs page.
Editor’s Note: If you want to learn more about the technology, feel free to download our free ebook: What you need to know about Web Gauging Systems. It includes easy-to-understand explanations of the technology, benefits, and economics of web gauging systems, as well as why they are typically used.
Access the ebook: What you need to know about Web Gauging Systems
Leave a Reply