The RIIDEye X Handheld Radiation Isotope Identifier is the next generation of rugged devices designed to withstand the demanding environment in which first responders, security forces and military operate. It offers a comprehensive list of features:
- Unique live spectrum building gives users ability to optimize identification scans in real-time.
- Easy to use SNM Assist maximizes SNM detection by auto-calculating scan times to achieve high confidence results.
- Color coded peaks in spectrum quickly identify isotopes and classify them for rapid response.
- Excellent ID speed and accuracy of detection in 30 sec or less.
- Improved Auto Cal allows stabilization in High BG.
- Large gamma detector for excellent sensitivity.
- Low cost of ownership from acquisition to maintenance with free coarse-calibrations and bi-annual optimization of system and free firmware upgrades for life of ownership.
- Documented ANSI N42.34-2006 compliance.
- CLYC Neutron detector uses no He3 and is located in handle utilizes body moderation to maximize detection performance.
- Mechanical Design: Rugged, IP65 and drop resistant to 1m.
- Excellent weight balance for long use with included shoulder strap and ergonomic handle.
- More than 45 different isotopes included in Library with user ability to add new libraries and isotopes.
- Easy data offload via USB memory card or live via serial port connection.
- Data is compliant with ANSI N42.42-2006 and can be used by most analysis SW including Cambio and PeakEasy.
- Headphone jack for completely silent operations or operations in high background noise
- High capacity rechargeable battery lasts 8 hrs or more and can be powered via 6 AA batteries.
- Includes Pelican™ case with Alkaline battery adapter, shoulder strap, power supply, USB memory card reader.
- Options: GPS, spare memory card, communication cable, radioactive test adapter.
- Detector Options: 2"x2" NaI or 1.5"x1.5" LaBr.
The RIIDEye M Handheld Radiation Isotope Identifier comes in a multi-configuration, multi-purpose package. It contains the same detection SW and user interface as well as many of the features of the RIIDEye X but its mechanical design is ideally suited for field laboratories and environmental studies. The following features differ from the RIIDEye X:
- Moderated CLYC Neutron detector uses no He3 and is located in electronics case to maximize space.
- Removable gamma detector allows close inspection of samples with included 5ft extension cable and can be combined with a low background shield for low radioactivity levels in samples such as food, soil or water.
- Mechanical Design: IP40, multi-configurable, ideally suited for field labs and laboratory use
- Includes Pelican case with Alkaline battery adapter, shoulder strap, power supply, USB memory card reader, 5ft detector extension cable.
- Options: spare memory card, communication cable, radioactive test adapter.
- Detector Options: 2"x2" or 3"x3" NaI, 1.5"x1.5" LaBr.