Alexa Fluor™ 350 phalloidin is a high-affinity F-actin probe conjugated to our bright, photostable, blue fluorescent Alexa Fluor™ 350 dye.
• Selectively stains F-actin
• Outstanding fluorescence performance
• Excitation/Emission: 346/442 nm
• Superior to antibody staining
• Optimal for fixed and permeabilized samples Get Superior Results in Actin Staining Studies
Phalloidin is a bicyclic peptide belonging to a family of toxins isolated from the deadly Amanita phalloides
'death cap' mushroom and is commonly used in imaging applications to selectively label F-actin. Fluorescently-labeled phalloidin has virtually identical binding properties with actin from different species including plants and animals. Phalloidin binds F-actin with high selectivity while Alexa Fluor™ 350 provides blue fluorescence of unparalleled brightness and photostability. Demonstrating very little nonspecific staining, Alexa Fluor™ 350 phalloidin allows high-contrast discrimination of actin staining.Use in Multiple Applications
Alexa Fluor™ 350 phalloidin can be used to visualize and quantitate F-actin in tissue sections, cell cultures, or cell-free preparations. Alexa Fluor™ 350 phalloidin staining is fully compatible with other fluorescent stains used in cellular analyses including fluorescent proteins, Qdot™ nanocrystals, and other Alexa Fluor™ conjugates including secondary antibodies.
For research use only. Not intended for human or animal therapeutic or diagnostic use.Related Links
• Read about labeling F-Actin with phallotoxins
• See the full line of Alexa Fluor™ Dye products
• Create a Cellular Masterpiece with Alexa Fluor™ Phalloidin using the Cell Paint Tool
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.