Gibco™ EfficientFeed™ A+ (Plus) AGT™ Supplement is a dry-format single-part supplement for fed batch addition to the culture of multiple cell lines to assist with process development and maximization of bioreactor utilization. Compared to original CHO CD EfficientFeed™ A AGT™ nutrient supplement, EfficientFeed™ A+ supplement has components that are uniquely combined to allow simpler single-part pH-neutral reconstitution, as well as the ability to super-concentrate the supplement from 66.4 g/L (1X) to 199.2 g/L (3X) for reduction of product dilution or increased titers with additional feeding, when appropriate. The product is an animal origin-free, chemically defined formulation that contains no proteins, hydrolysates, or components of incompletely defined composition.Which EfficientFeed™ + Supplement to Choose?
Consider EfficientFeed™ A+ AGT™ Supplement
• You have used CHO CD EfficientFeed™ A supplement in the past and wish to explore simpler reconstitution and super-concentration benefits of new technology for delivery of key components
• You are currently using CD OptiCHO™ as your base cell growth medium
Consider EfficientFeed™ B+ AGT™ Supplement
• You have used CHO CD EfficientFeed™ B supplement in the past and wish to explore simpler reconstitution and super-concentration benefits of new technology for delivery of key components
• You are currently using CD CHO as your base cell growth medium
Consider EfficientFeed™ C+ AGT™ Supplement
• You have used CD EfficientFeed™ C supplement in the past and wish to explore simpler reconstitution and super-concentration benefits of new technology for delivery of key components
• You want higher productivity in GS CHO, CHO-K1, & CHO-S™ derived cell lines
• You are currently using CD FortiCHO™ as your base cell growth medium
• You are using a base medium with greater than 6 g/L glucose or a hydrolysate at day 0Increasing Titers
As a complete feed, EfficientFeed™ + supplements have been shown to provide multiple-fold increases in titers at 1X concentration versus batch culture, and are an excellent starting point for process development. Flexibility to further increase titers are enhanced with the ability to super-concentrate the product by reconstituting with less water to deliver up to 199 g/L of fed nutrients (see figure).Maximizing Bioreactor Utilization
Have you ever wished you could have more working volume at the start of a bioreactor run to get more protein produced, but needed too much feeding volume space to accomplish your optimal goal? Have you ever thought that room for a little more feeding might get you to a new level of titer from a process and maybe even reduce the number of bioreactor runs that might be needed per year? In either of these cases, it is important to have the flexibility to super-concentrate your feeding supplements so you get less product dilution, more space for an additional feeding, and/or more working volume to start your run (see figure). In fact, you may gain about 20% more bioreactor utilization by exploring the unique ability to super-concentrate this EfficientFeed A+ product.Simplified Handling to Reduce Risk in Scale-Up
The ability to scale up in an AGT™ dry format provides ease of handling and storage in manufacturing and other bioprocess settings. Fewer parts and steps in reconstitution mean fewer opportunities for operator error. Further, ability to store this feed, even when super-concentrated, for the length of a bioreactor run at room temperature, in the dark, may allow you fewer chances of contamination during closed system connections by reducing the number of connections to the bioreactor to one.