Thermo Scientific phiX174 DNA is digested to completion with the appropriate Thermo Scientific restriction enzyme, then purified and dissolved in storage buffer. The DNA fragments contain blunt or sticky ends, depending on the restriction enzyme used for the markers preparation.
Thermo Scientific phiX174 DNA/BsuRI (HaeIII) Marker can be labeled radioactively with T4 Polynucleotide Kinase
. Alternatively it can be labeled radioactively or non-radioactively with Klenow fragment
or Klenow Fragment, exo-
with the fill-in reaction, see protocols in Resources.Highlights
• Sizing and approximate quantification of small DNA fragments
• Sharp bands
• Supplied with loading dye for sample DNANote
• Bands at 310, 281, and 271 bp form an anomalous pattern on polyacrylamide gels.
• The shortest fragments (oblique) are not visible in standard electrophoresis.
• Fragment lengths are predicted by computer analysis of the respective DNA sequences.
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.