Meet the Applied Biosystems Arcturus Cellect Laser Capture Microdissection Instrument. Purpose-built for laser capture microdissection, this instrument features dual lasers, which enable you to capture only the cells needed for analysis without the worry of contamination or effect on morphology. The gentle IR laser and powerful UV cutting laser combine for the precision and power needed to drive improved downstream research analysis.
Cellect is part of a complete LCM solution
Our complete systems for microgenomics include Arcturus instruments as well as reagents and consumables to enhance the usability and efficiency of your LCM workflow. Arcturus reagents are formulated to balance the delicate nature of handling very small amounts of nucleic acids and maximizing sample recovery. The consumables are designed to work with all Arcturus instruments, making ordering worry-free.
Plus, our complimentary downstream analysis technologies offer stability, support, and complete solutions from a single supplier.
Key features and benefits:
- Dual laser system—enables a wide range of applications ranging from single-cell isolation to large biopsy extractions, expanding utility and helping to ensure reliability of cell capture across sample types
- Intuitive software—allows rapid isolation of specific cells in five simple steps and quality control with visual inspection, making documentation and sample custody easy
- Service and support—training and 48-hour response times, keeping you working
- Flexible sample prep—support for a wide range of slide types and sample preparation formats. If you have an existing workflow we can work with that, or we have a validated workflow for you.
- Compact design—the footprint is ~ 32% smaller than similar microscope and laser systems, saving bench space
Dual lasers, twice the function
The solid-state IR laser—exclusive to Arcturus LCM systems—is a gentle capture technique that preserves biomolecular integrity and is ideal for single cells or a small number of cells.
The solid-state UV laser offers superior speed and precision and is well-suited for microdissecting dense tissue structures and for rapidly capturing large numbers of cells.
The Arcturus Software included with the instrument simplifies the LCM workflow. With the click of a mouse, you can control all of the system operations, including stage movement, slide and objective selection, focus and light intensity, laser parameters, cap movement, QC transfer and confirmation, and camera settings.
Designed to mimic the LCM workflow in five easy steps, the software allows rapid isolation of specific cells and quality control with visual inspection, making documentation and sample custody easy.
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.