Explore our “Getting Started” and “Troubleshooting” sections for solutions to top inquiries and common problems. Browse through our "Guides and Tools" section to access a comprehensive portfolio of product-related support resources.
- Which form of the lipophilic neuronal tracers (DiO, DiI, DiD, etc) should I use?
- What size dextran is best for neuronal tracing?
- What is the difference between fast- and slow-response membrane potential probes?
- I want to stain brain cryosections. Do you have any kits for this purpose?
- Is there a way to label individual neurons without microinjecting?
- After I labeled neurons with MitoTracker™ Red CMXRos they are dead the next day. Is this expected?
- I keep getting a low transduction efficiency when using CellLight™ labeling reagents on my neurons. What can I do to improve the efficiency?
- I labeled my neurons with DiI and then fixed and permeabilized and now I have no signal, so what did I do wrong?
- I used one of your FluoroMyelin™ stains and noticed it stains cells other than glial cells. Is there something wrong with the product?
- I have labeled my neurons with an Alexa Fluor™ conjugated biocytin to look at transport but I wanted to examine only retrograde transport and biocytin appears to be moving retrograde and anterograde. What should I do?
Guides and Tools
- Overview: Neuroscience Products
- Overview: Neuronal Tracing
- Overview: Fluorescent Tracers of Cell Morphology and Fluid Flow
- Overview: Probes for Endocytosis, Receptors, and Ion Channels
- Overview: Fluorescent and Biotinylated Dextrans
- Overview: Neurons in Living Color
- Overview: Polar Tracers
- Overview: Probes for Neurotransmitter Receptors
- Overview: Tracers for Membrane Labeling
- Overview: Molecular Probes™ School of Fluorescence
- Learning Center: Cell Analysis
- Cell Analysis Resource Library (useful technical, application, and other learning resources including application notes and methods)
- Guide: The Molecular Probes™ Handbook
- Images: Image Gallery
- Journal Articles: BioProbes Journal of Cell Biology Applications
- Newsletter: ProbesOnline™ Newsletter
- Protocols: Cell Analysis Protocols
- Selection Table: Neuronal Tracing with Hydrazides and Biocytins
- Selection Table: Neuronal Tracing with Dextran Conjugates
- Selection Table: Neuronal Tracing with Lipophilic Tracers
- Selection Table: Neuronal Tracing with Protein Conjugates
- Selection Table: Neuronal Cell Health Assays
- Selection Table: Primary Antibodies for Neurobiology
Selection Table: Membrane Potential Indicators Selection Guide
- Selection Table: Fluorescence Characteristics of NeuroTrace Fluorescent Nissl Stains
- Selection Table: Summary of Lipophilic Tracers
- Selection Table: Dextran Conjugates
- Technical Note: Fluorescent Probes for Two Photon Microscopy
- Tutorials: Fluorescence and Flow Cytometry Tutorials
- Webinar: An Introduction to Immunofluorescent Staining of Cultured Cells
- Webinar: A Comparison of Basic Immunofluorescent Labeling Strategies
- Webinars: Cell Stucture Webinars
- Webinars: Fluorescent Labeling Webinars
- Webinars: Imaging Webinars
- Webinars: Molecular Probes™ Webinars
- Browse our site for: Training, Events and Webinars
- Fluorescence SpectraViewer : Plot and compare spectra, check spectral compatibility, and email the configuration to yourself or others in the lab.
- Cell Staining Simulation Tool: Create your perfectly labeled fluorescent cell and share it with your colleagues using the email or print function.
- Primary Antibodies for Neurobiology Search Tool: Search for neurobiology antibodies
- Fluorescence SpectraViewer Mobile App: An app to plot and compare spectra, check spectral compatibility, and email the configuration to yourself or others in the lab. This mobile version of SpectraViewer acts as an extension of our online Fluorescence SpectraViewer.
- Alexa Fluor™ Selection Guide Widget: A widget designed to provide you with a concise and informative set of criteria for choosing the optimal Alexa Fluor™ dye for your antibody or protein labeling application.
- Cell Imaging Reagent Guide & Protocols App: An app designed to help you find fluorescent dyes, reagents, kits, and protocols for cell biology-related fluorescence microscopy applications. Also included are product guides for instrument calibration and setup, protein labeling and secondary detection.
- 3D Cell Simulation & Cell Staining Tool (for iPad™ device): Learn about the cell and all its structures, rotate the cell 360 degrees, watch live cell videos, and virtually stain your own cell with Molecular Probes™ dyes.
- Gibco™ Cell Culture Companion: An app designed to capture and store vital experiment information as you count cells, perform cell culture calculations and generate growth curves.
- DailyCalcs Science Calculator: An app designed to calculate molarity, dilution, molecular weight, and more. Version 3.0 now has eight calculators, including a new Specific Productivity Calculator for use with fed-batch cell culture processes and a Transfection calculator you can use to simplify transfection experimental setup.
All the components necessary to develop the most appropriate assay for your research or discovery target of interest are available from us with our custom solutions. Additionally, our dedicated project managers will guide your project through every step of the process, and constantly keep you informed of our progress. Let us take the hassle out of your hands with a custom solution for you.
With a proven track record of over 18,000 custom antibody projects completed to date, our custom antibody development, purification, and screening services deliver the quality, consistency, and performance you need. Once your custom project is underway, you can track the real-time progress of your project via OpenProject™ software. Our manufacturing facilities are ISO 13485:2003 certified and registered with the FDA. We offer USDA, and OLAW accreditation standard, and AAALAC form accreditation by special request.
Every cell culture project is unique. We are committed to providing you with products and services customized to your research and production needs. Presenting the Gibco™ quality media you know and trust; customized to your specifications.
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.