Explore the “Getting Started” and “Troubleshooting” sections for solutions to top inquiries and common problems. Browse through the “Guides and Tools” section to access comprehensive product-related support resources.
- Does SimplyBlue™ SafeStain contain Coomassie™ G250 or Coomassie™ R250?
- Can I dry my SYPRO™ Ruby, SYPRO™ Orange, or SYPRO™ Red stained gels?
- Are proteins detected with the Lumio™ Green Detection Reagent compatible with mass spectrometry analysis?
- Is the Thermo Scientific™ Imperial™ Protein Stain compatible with mass spectrometry analysis?
- Can a Coomassie-stained gel be secondarily stained with the Thermo Scientific™ Pierce™ Silver Stain Kit?
- I used the SimplyBlue™ SafeStain with IEF gels and got aggregation/precipitation of the stain. What went wrong?
- I stained my protein gel with Thermo Scientific™ Imperial™ Protein Stain and am getting very high background. Do you have any tips?
- I used the Thermo Scientific™ Pierce™ Silver Stain for Mass Spectrometry and my bands are very faint or not visible at all. What should I do?
- My SYPRO™ Ruby stained gel shows brightly stained protein bands with dark “shadows” around the protein bands. What causes this and what can I do to remedy it?
- I stained my Novex™ NuPAGE™ Bis-Tris gel with Pro-Q™ Emerald Glycoprotein Gel Stain and observe a very high background. What is causing this?
Guides and Tools
- Overview: Protein Gel Staining and Imaging
- Overview: Coomassie™ Dye Protein Gel Stains
- Overview: Silver Protein Gel Stains
- Overview: Fluorescent Protein Gel Stains
- Overview: Tagged Fusion Protein Gel Stains
- Overview: Specialty Protein Gel Stains
- Overview: Multiplexed Proteomics™ Protein Gel Stains
- Overview: 2D Analysis of Phosphoproteins and Phosphopeptides
- Overview: Protein Gel Staining and Drying Accessories
- Overview: Protein Separation by Protein Electrophoresis
- Learning Center: Protein Biology
- Protein Biology Resource Library (useful technical, application, and other learning resources including application notes and methods)
- Guide: Protein Analysis Handbook
- Guide: Molecular Probes™ Handbook – Protein Detection on Gels, Blots, and Arrays
- Selection: Gel Stains Comparison and Selection Guide
- Video: Protein Analysis Tips and Tricks
- Video: Pierce Power Blotter Stainer System
- Video: Pierce Power Stainer
- DailyCalcs Science Calculator: An app designed to calculate molarity, dilution, molecular weight, and more. Also includes a transfection calculator you can use to simplify transfection experimental setup.
- Fluorescence SpectraViewer Mobile App: An app to plot and compare spectra, check spectral compatibility, and email the configuration to yourself or others in the lab. This mobile version of SpectraViewer acts as an extension of our online Fluorescence SpectraViewer.
GeneArt™ Cell Lines and Proteins are a suite of service offerings designed to help facilitate protein expression in mammalian cell lines. We can help with every step of the process, including gene design, synthesis, cloning, protein production, and even stable cell generation. Alternatively, we can help with just the parts of the process you request.
Have us utilize our extensive suite of expression vectors and host systems to deliver the necessary protein yield for your application. We offer protein expression and production services in baculovirus and mammalian host systems, as well as protein purification and analysis services.
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.