What part of the alphabet reminds you of the one of the biggest shows for plastics and rubber? The Letter K!
Known as the world’s premier fair for the plastics and rubber industry, the K Show promises its attendees “Everything from the latest state of the art and trailblazing innovations to development visions.” With over 200,000 expected attendees and 3,200 exhibitors, K 2016 serves as a central forum for an exchange of information, ideas and opinions from across the globe.
According to show materials, there will be seven main areas of interest covered by talks, keynote speeches and panel discussions:
- Plastics Industry 4.0
- New materials
- Lightweight Design
- Marine litter
- Youth and Education
- Plastics meet Design
- Resource efficiency
Experts from the worlds of science, business and politics will be reporting on and discussing the economic, social and environmental challenges and potential solutions. Each theme day will kick off with a talk by an acknowledged expert and comes to a close with a panel discussion.
The show is a great place to network and discuss the challenges faced in development, production, and quality analysis of polymers at any stage of the value chain. Whether you support research, QA/QC, product development or production, make sure you stop by our booth and speak to our experts; they may be able to help solve your everyday challenges.
We will be demonstrating technology that helps scientists and manufacturers cover the complete polymer and plastics lifecycle, simulating or accelerating production and improving efficiency, from incoming raw materials, product development, process control to quality assurance and failure analysis.
- Check out new Raman microscopy technology that combines Raman with other analytical techniques and manufacturing equipment, providing correlation between physical and chemical traits, better prediction of performance, and optimization of quality.
- Do you need to analyze base polymer and plasticizers, pigments, and fillers, adhesives, paints and rubbers for troubleshooting, deformulation studies, reverse engineering and product development? Take a look at FT-IR spectrometers.
- Viscoelastic properties of polymer melts and solutions as well as of solid specimens can be tested in shear, oscillation and elongation mode as a function of stress or strain, frequency, time or temperature with the latest rheometers.
- Understand how material characteristics change during processing. Save lots of time when developing new materials, minimize process steps and usage of precious materials. Our innovative extruders – from small-scale to production – cover the complete lifecycle of polymers and plastics.
- If you need to measure the basis weight or direct thickness of cast film, sheet and foam extrusion, coatings, flexible packaging and extruded films for thermoformed packaging, look at thickness measurement and base weight sensors.
This is just a sample of the technologies that will be demonstrated on our booth (B59 in Hall 10). Stop by and become inspired. If you can’t make it to the show, we have outlined it all on our K Show page so you can get a glimpse of the technology and solutions that will be featured there.
If you are lucky enough to make the trip, Dusseldorf is one of Germany’s foremost economic, transport and cultural centers. The Dusseldorf tourism page touts plenty of museums, theaters, music halls and opera houses, shopping, dining, parks and gardens, and even a castle. A popular attraction is the Rhine Tower, which stands almost 800 feet tall and has a restaurant over 500 feet up in the air, which revolves around its axis once per hour during certain times of the day. And in Altstadt (Old Town), you’ll find narrow lanes and old churches, quaint breweries and ancient pubs, hip bars and clubs, good old French fries and exquisite food.
Hope to see you there, but whether you’re at the show or not, let’s Solve, together.
Booth B59 in Hall 10
October 19-26, 2016
Follow the show on twitter using #K2016