Explore our “Getting Started” and “Troubleshooting” sections for solutions to top inquiries and common problems. Browse through our "Guides and Tools" section to access a comprehensive portfolio of product-related support resources.
- Why have my primary cells started to slow in growth or stopped growing?
- I’m getting low post-thaw cell viability with my hepatocytes. What should I do?
- With my hepatocytes, I’m seeing rounding up of the cells, cellular debris, and/or holes in the monolayer, indicating dying cells. What should I do?
- Why did my neuron cells form clumps when I seeded them onto a 96-well plate, but not into large flasks?
- Why are there no viable primary neuron cells/astrocytes/rat glial precursor cells after thawing the cell stock?
Guides and tools
- Overview: Primary Cell Culture Systems
- Overview: Fibroblast Culture Systems
- Overview: Gibco™ Hepatocytes
- Overview: Keratinocyte Cell Culture Systems
- Overview: Introduction to Cutaneous Biology
- Overview: Mammary Epithelial Cell Culture Systems
- Overview: Melanocyte Cell Culture Systems
- Overview: Microvascular Endothelial Cell Culture Systems
- Overview: Large Vessel Endothelial Cell Culture Systems
- Overview: Introduction to Vascular Biology
- Overview: Neuronal, Glial, and Neural Stem Cells
- Overview: Skeletal Myoblasts
- Overview: Smooth Muscle Cell Culture Systems
- Overview: Angiogenesis Research
- Overview: Neural Cell Markers
- Learning Center: Cell Culture & Transfection
- Cell Culture & Transfection Resource Library (useful technical, application, and other learning resources including application notes and methods)
- Protocol: Primary Cell Protocols
- Protocol: Thawing and Plating Cyropreserved Hepatocytes
- Protocol: Hepatocyte Counter
- Protocol: In Vitro Assessment of Metabolic Stability in Plated Cryo Hepatocytes for Low-Turnover Compounds
- Protocol: Neural Cell Culture
- References: Vascular Biology Selected References
- References: Neural Cell Culture Publications
- Selection: Which Neural Cell Culture Reagents are Right for You?
- Video: How to Receive and Store Primary Cells
- Video: How to Thaw and Plate your Primary Cells
- Video: How to Subculture (or Passage) your Established Primary Cells
- Video: How to Use Gibco™ PSC Neural Induction Medium
- Primary Cell Protocol Tool: Build your ideal product protocol
- Tool for Neural Cell Culture of Primary Cells: Find the neural cell culture tools that are right for your application
- Tool for Cell Culture of Neural Stem Cells and Progenitor Cells: Find the neural cell culture tools that are right for you
- Tools Optimized for Specialty Applications within Neural Cell Culture: Find the neural cell culture tools that are right for you based on your application
- Gibco™ Custom Media Configurator: Adjust many of our Gibco™ media formulations to create a custom cell culture medium that's just right for you.
- Cell Imaging Guide with Protocols (iPad™ device version): Find fluorescent dyes, reagents and protocols for cell biology related fluorescence microscopy applications.
- Fluorescence SpectraViewer: Plot and compare spectra, check the spectral compatibility for fluorophores and email the configuration to yourself in a clear printable format.
- Gibco™ Cell Culture Companion: Capture and store vital experiment information on your iPhone™ or iPad™ device in the lab as you count cells, perform cell culture calculations and generate growth curves. And when you're finished, you can export all data files to your Mac or PC.
- 3D Cell (iPad™ device version): Learn about the cell and all its structures, rotate the cell 360 degrees, watch live cell videos, and virtually stain your own cell with Invitrogen™ Molecular Probes™ dyes.
Every cell culture project is unique. We are committed to providing you with products and services customized to your research and production needs. Presenting the Gibco™ quality media you know and trust; customized to your specifications.
The Bioproduction Process Development Team provides in-the-field scientific and business support for Gibco™ cell line and media products as well as Gibco™ PD-Direct™ Services. The unique combination of process science consultants and business development managers work globally to provide product strategies and customized solutions.
Adjust many of our Gibco™ media formulations to create a custom cell culture medium that's just right for you. Add and remove components, customize packaging options and choose QC tests. Customize Gibco™ cell culture media products from 1 L to 10,000 L.
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.