Thermo Scientific Pierce DMP is dimethyl pimelimidate, a membrane-permeable crosslinker that contains an amine-reactive imidoester group at each end of a 7-atom spacer arm.
Features of dimethyl pimelimidate:
• Reactive groups: imidoester
• Reactive towards:
amino groups (primary amines)
• Mid-length reagent of three similar imidoester crosslinkers, which include DMA, DMP and DMS
• Imidoesters react with amines at alkaline pH values (pH 8-10) to form amidine bond
• Amidine bond retains net charge character of protein primary amine to which it reacts
• Reversible at high pH values
• Tool for study of quarternary structure of proteinsProduct References
Crosslinker Application Guide -- search for recent literature references for this productRelated ProductsDMA (dimethyl adipimidate)DMS (dimethyl suberimidate)DTBP (Wang and Richard's Reagent)
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.