Each monolith is a single cylindrical polymer rod containing an uninterrupted, interconnected network of flow-through channels of a specific pore size.
Medium channel (H) size (permeability)
These channels and the monolith's nonporous surfaces provide fast mass transfer for the high-resolution and fast protein separations. The monolith morphology results in low operating backpressure, allowing the use of higher linear velocities which can improve resolution of large biomolecules.
- High-speed protein separations
- High sensitivity for LC/MS
- High column-to-column reproducibility
- Wide range of column I.D. and lengths available
- Superior lifetime
- Easy column installation using Thermo Scientific™ Dionex™ nanoViper™ Fingertight Fittings
- Precolumns Available to Preconcentrate and Desalt Samples
You can also use Thermo Scientific™ PepSwift™ Trap Columns for preconcentration and desalting of samples consisting of peptides and proteins without negatively impacting the chromatographic performance or recovery of the compounds. Change the selectivity of the separation or improve the trapping efficiency by employing various ion-pairing agents in the loading solvent and/or mobile phases. The trap columns are used with Thermo Scientific™ PepSwift™ and ProSwift™ Monolithic Columns, which are for fast, high-resolution LC/MS separations in protein identification, biomarker discovery, and systems biology applications.