Thermo Scientific VitroEase Methylamine Tungstate Negative Stain is an easy, ready-to-use negative stain for electron microscopy (EM) analysis.
Features of VitroEase Methylamine Tungstate Negative Stain include:
• Provided as a stable, ready-to-use 2% stain solution
• Easy to use with straight-forward staining protocol
• Uniform, electron-dense stain for EM
• Dries without crystallization, ideal for EM grids
VitroEase Methylamine Tungstate Negative Stain is a ready-to-use stain with excellent spreading qualities with high density for good contrast. It wets both grid films and specimens well at neutral pH. This stain does not damage delicate structures as much as phosphotungstate (PTA) and has been found to be useful for negative staining of macromolecules, viruses, and membranes.
1.Shayakhmetov, D. M.; Papayannopoulou, T.; Stamatoyannopoulos, G., and Lieber, A.: Efficient gene transfer intohuman CD34+ cells by a retargeted adenovirus vector J. Virol., 74, 2567-2583 (2000).
2. Oliver, R. M.: Negative Stain Electron Microscopy of Protein Macromolecules. Meth. Enzym., 27, 616-672 (1973).