Nucleic Acid Gel Electrophoresis and Blotting Support
Explore the “Getting Started” and “Troubleshooting” sections for solutions to top inquiries and common problems. Browse through the “Guides and Tools” section to access comprehensive product-related support resources.
- How do I decide which percentage gel to use?
- I’d like to isolate DNA after gel electrophoresis. What do you recommend?
- How much DNA can I load for my E-Gel® Agarose Gels?
- How can I perform RNA electrophoresis?
- How can I increase the sensitivity of my Northern hybridizations?
- My bands are fuzzy when performing nucleic acid electrophoresis. What could cause this?
- I’m seeing multiple DNA bands after running a single vector on my agarose gel. Why is this?
- My E-Gel® Agarose Gel is not running evenly. I am getting poor resolution or getting smearing of bands. What could be the problem?
- My E-Gel® iBase/PowerBase™/E-Base™ System is continuously beeping and/or shows a steady red light. What am I doing wrong?
- My bands are too close together when performing nucleic acid electrophoresis. What can I do about this?
Guides and Tools
- Overview: E-Gel® Imager Software
- Overview: RNA Electrophoresis and Markers
- Overview: The Basics: Northern Analysis
- Overview: DNA Electrophoresis (legacy Thermo Scientific™)
- Overview: DNA Ladders (legacy Thermo Scientific™)
- Overview: RNA Electrophoresis (legacy Thermo Scientific™)
- Overview: RNA Ladders (legacy Thermo Scientific™)
- Overview: TopVision Agarose Tablets (legacy Thermo Scientific™)
- Citations: E-Gel® Agarose Gels
- FAQs: E-Gel® Imager System and Software FAQs
- General: Nucleic Acid Electrophoresis and Purification Resource Library (legacy Thermo Scientific™)
- Guide: PCR and Molecular Cloning Handbook
- Protocol: E-Gel® EX Agarose Gels and UltraPure™ Agarose
- Protocol: E-Gel® CloneWell™ Agarose Gels
- Registration: Instrument Registration
- Selection: Which DNA Gel Is Right for You?
- Selection: E-Gel® Precast Agarose Gels
- Selection: Gel Documentation
- Table: TBE and TBE-Urea Gel Migration Chart
- Technical Note: Northern Analysis
- Technical Note: RNA Electrophoresis and Markers
- Technical Note: Probe Labeling Systems
- Video: E-Gel® Go! System: Revolutionizing Gel Electrophoresis
- Video: The E-Gel® Imager
- Video: Unboxing the E-Gel® Imager
- Video: E-Gel® CloneWell™ Agarose Gels
- Video: E-Gel® Go! System
- Video: Introduction to the E-Gel® Imager Software Pt. 1
- Video: Introduction to the E-Gel® Imager Software Pt. 2
- Video: Introduction to the E-Gel® Imager Software Pt. 3
- Video: Tips and Tricks for Successful DNA Electrophoresis (legacy Thermo Scientific™)
- Video: How to use TopVision Agarose Tablets (legacy Thermo Scientific™)
- Workflow: Northern Blotting
- DNA and RNA Molecular Weights and Conversions
- Order of Magnitude Prefixes for SI Units
- Radioactive Isotope Table
- OD Conversion Calculator (legacy Thermo Scientific™)
- Labware Definitions for Invitrogen’s E-Gel® 96 Agarose Electrophoresis System on Beckman Coulter’s Biomek® FX Robot
- E-Gel® iBase™ Power System Firmware Upgrade
One central location to handle all your Instrument and Services requests.
From custom vector design to high-throughput protein expression, we have a solution to meet your needs.
GeneArt® Plasmid Services include flexible offerings covering construction of plasmid vectors customized for your needs, and subcloning of your sequence into any vector, including the Gateway® vector system. Concentrate on your research goals and leave your plasmid construction and subcloning work to us.
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.