As we close out 2013 and move into 2014, I’d like to summarize the articles we published this past year. Make sure you haven’t missed any that might be beneficial in your 2014 mining operations planning. Also, take this time to subscribe so you don’t miss any pertinent information. (And forward to your colleagues as well.) Resources: Infographics, Technical Posters, and Videos
- INFOGRAPHIC: 9 Fascinating Facts About Uranium
- INFOGRAPHIC: 8 Tantalum Facts
- INFOGRAPHIC: Fascinating Facts About Zinc
- INFOGRAPHIC: 4 Penalty Elements in Iron Ore
- Periodic Table
- Technical Poster: Applications of High-Performance XRF in Mining Laboratories
- Technical Poster – Application of Portable XRF Analyzer in Geochemical Exploration
- Video: A Real-Time Analysis of a Coal Stream via 3-Minute Animated Video
- Video: How To Correctly Prepare Pellets Before Analyzing Your Mining Sample
- Video: How Does an XRF Analyzer Work in Mining Operations?
- High Demand for Tantalum and Tin
- Zinc Analysis – Comparing Portable XRF Results with Lab Results
- Can Coal Ash Be Accurately Analyzed Using PGNAA?
- Can XRF Be Used to Discover Porphyry Deposits?
- Can Penalty Elements in Iron Ore be Determined with XRF?
- Rapid Identification of Mineral Phases of Metamorphic Rock with Quantitative WDS
- Can an XRF Spectrometer Accurately Measure Zn, Pb, Ba, Fe and Si in a Variety of Sulﬁde Ores?
- Using an On-Line Elemental Coal Analyzer to Reduce Power Outages
- Analyzing Uranium at the Nopal Project in New Mexico
- Comparing Sample Preparation Methods
- What’s So Rare About Rare Earth Elements?
- Do Your Idler Rolls Meet the Minimum Run Out (T.I.R.) Tolerance?
- Keeping your Bulk Material Handling Systems in Balance – Maintain Your Scales
- What Would You Do If The Life Of Your Quarry Was Being Cut Short Unnecessarily?
- Coal Blending Strategies Reduce Costs and Improve Quality
- Coal Blending Strategies for Power Plants
- How to Solve the Problems Associated With Elemental Maps in Analyzing Minerals
- The Importance of Sample Preparation in Mining
- LIMS Locates the Diamond in the Rough
- Rapid Identification of Inclusions and Minerals with Raman Spectroscopy
- Anions and Metals Analysis in Hydraulic Fracturing Waters from Marcellus Shale Drilling Operations
Trade Show and Events
- Geological Society of America Annual Meeting and Expo
- Northwest Mining Association (NWMA)
- Mines and Money, London
- EXPOSIBRAM, Latin America
- SME Annual Meeting & Exhibit and Prospectors & Developers Association of Canada (PDAC) Miscellaneous
- Interview with a Geologist; Do Sample Prep Tools Add Value to Portable XRF Analysis in Mining Applications?
- Do You Know What These Mining Terms Mean?
Can you recommend any topics you’d like to see addressed in future articles? Comment below and let us know.