Peptide Mapping and Quantitation Sample Preparation
SMART Digest and SMART Digest IA Kits
Fast, easy, reproducible, sensitive protein digestion and immunoaffinity capture
Use the latest advance in protein digestion for peptide mapping in biomarker and biotherapeutics characterization and quantitation. Thermo Scientific SMART Digest Kits provide amazingly fast, simple, reproducible, and sensitive protein digestion with immunoaffinity capture, giving you higher confidence in your chromatography and liquid chromatography-mass spectrometry (LC-MS) results.
Innovation in protein sample preparation
Enjoy the SMART Digest difference in your peptide mapping and peptide quantitation data.
- Easy 3-step protocol
- Better reproducibility than in-solution digestion
- Ability to automate with Kingfisher platform
- Much faster sample processing time (hours) compared to in-solution digestion (overnight)
- Higher throughput and greater sensitivity
- Higher confidence in your chromatography and LC-MS results
Featured SMART Digest videos
Watch this introductory animation to learn how SMART Digest kits provide easy, fast, and highly reproducible protein digestion.
SMART Digest kits for peptide mapping and peptide quantitation
- Choose from trypsin, chymotrypsin, or proteinase K kits for sequence-specific cleavage of your protein.
- Use SMART Digest ImmunoAffinity (IA) kits for immunoaffinity capture and trypsin digestion in a single well. The Immunoaffinity reagent (streptavidin, protein A, or protein G) captures the protein and increases sensitivity by purifying low level proteins from complex biological matrices. The trypsin enzyme is activated at elevated temperatures for accelerated digestion under protein denaturing conditions.
|SMART Digest Trypsin Kits
Uses trypsin to cleave the C-terminal side of lysine and arginine amino acid residues of peptides.
|SMART Digest Chymotrypsin Kits
Uses chymotrypsin to cleave the peptide bonds formed by aromatic residues such as tyrosine, phenylalanine, and tryptophan.
|SMART Digest Proteinase K Kits
Uses proteinase K kits to cleave the peptide bond adjacent to the carboxyl group of aliphatic and aromatic amino acids with blocked alpha amino groups.
|SMART Digest ImmunoAffinity (IA) Streptavidin Kits
The Streptavadin version of the kit allows for purification of various biomolecules via the formation of strong streptavidin-biotin bond.
|SMART Digest ImmunoAffinity (IA) Protein A Kits
The Protein A version of the kit allows for targeted purification of immunoglobulins due to the strong affinity for binding to the Fc portion of the molecule.
|SMART Digest ImmunoAffinity (IA) Protein G Kits
The Protein G version of the kit allows for targeted purification of immunoglobulins due to the strong affinity for binding to the Fab and Fc portion of the molecule.
Compare SMART Digest and in-solution techniques
Attend SMART Digest webinars to learn more
- Don’t miss a thing on your peptide mapping journey
- Take the smart route to protein digestion
- Sample preparation technologies for improved peptide quantitation workflow
- Peptide separations with pinpoint precision