The Applied Biosystems PharmacoScan Assay Kit, 96-format, includes all necessary array plates, reagents, controls, and consumables to process 94 samples (and 2 controls) with the PharmacoScan Solution workflow.
PharmacoScan Solution is an ideal platform for translational researchers in healthcare, pharma, and research organizations looking to understand how genetic variations affect drug absorption, distribution, metabolism, and excretion (ADME).
By pre-emptively screening for risk factors on a microarray, users in research can precisely and reproducibly analyze 4,627 high- to low-evidence markers* within nearly 1,200 genes* in a single assay. The solution includes copy number variation (CNV) calling and interrogating predictive markers in complex genes. Unlike solutions that analyze only high-evidence markers, PharmacoScan Solution presents a more comprehensive view for genotyping for pharmacogenomic risk.
• 4,627 markers in 1,191 genes of known pharmacogenomic value including Phase I and Phase II enzymes, regulatory/modifier genes, drug target genes, and Phase III/transporter genes
• Genotyping of highly predictive markers in genes including GSTM1, CYP1A2, CYP2D6, CYP2B6, CYP2A6, SULT1A1, CYP2C19, and CYP2C9 that are in highly homologous regions
• CNV analysis for copy number states ranging from zero to three-plus for important ADME genes
• Star allele and translation for key genesContent
PharmacoScan Solution broadly screens for pharmacogenomic risk factors for research and leverages content carefully selected from top global consortia (see figure below).
• Core functional pharmacogenomic content including markers from Clinical Pharmacogenomics Implementation Consortium (CPIC) guidelines
• Pharmacogenomics Knowledgebase (PharmGKB) markers in Very Important Pharmacogenes (VIP)
• PharmGKB markers with clinical annotations
• PharmaADME core markers
• Nearly all markers from DMET Plus Solution (1,936 genetic variants across 231 relevant genes)
• Human leukocyte antigen (HLA) markers associated with drug reactions
• Markers for killer cell immunoglobulin-like receptors (KIR), human ancestry identification, and for sample ID and tracking
• Pharmacogenetics/ADME markers in genes targeted for European populations drawn from UK Biobank Axiom Array Continuity of content for cohort studies and clinical trials
Drug development research and clinical trials are typically conducted over several years. These long-term efforts require a platform that can guarantee multiyear availability of 100% of the specific array content for the entire timeline of initiative. Unlike bead-based technologies that experience batch-to-batch variability and single nucleotide polymorphism (SNP) dropouts with each manufacturing batch, the photolithography manufacturing technology used in the PharmacoScan array guarantees 100% fidelity and ensures all markers are present on every manufacturing batch for as long as necessary, addressing a major concern for such long-term efforts.
PharmacoScan Solution utilizes the same chemistry as the Axiom assay and GeneTitan Multi-Channel (MC) Instrument, a microarray platform preferred worldwide by genetic researchers for the efficient workflow, high throughput, and reproducibility of results critical to multiyear data collection and analysis efforts.
Compatible with Axiom Analysis Suite software, version 4.0
*Disclaimer: Number of variants genotyped by default as well as variant to gene mapping is refined over time.
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.