Our gene synthesis is produced using cutting edge semi-conducting technology. Using femtomole quantities, our processes help reduce errors associated with high throughput gene synthesis. Additionally, there is substantially less waste produced meaning our gene synthesis is kinder to the environment.
Upon receiving your order, we will synthesize the gene(s) to your specifications. For each gene synthesis request, you will receive a bacterial stab and/or purified plasmid containing your synthesized gene—ready for downstream applications.
Express Service priority for COVID-19 projects
As part of Thermo Fisher Scientific's commitment to help accelerate discovery for potential vaccine development GeneArt Gene Synthesis Services are automatically prioritizing projects for our Express service when it confirms that the sequences are related to COVID-19. There is no need to specify Express Service; we'll automatically detect and prioritize the constructs are related to 2019-nCoV.
For Email orders simply add "Urgent: Coronavirus" in the subject line and we'll automatically prioritize.
Traditional GeneArt Gene Synthesis Portal
- Synthesis of simple, non-complex, and complex sequences
- Additional gene synthesis workflow services include subcloning, plasmid prep
*For a limited time save up to 30% on gene synthesis - no promotion code is required. Simply click the red order button to get started and save.
NEW Introducing Value and Prime Gene Synthesis Services
With our new Instant Designer gene synthesis tool we’ve introduced 2 pricing tiers for even better value. Based on your sequence criteria you’ll have the option to choose within the tool and be guided at each step of the way. Below is a guide to which service level to choose.
|Existing GeneArt Portal||GeneArt Instant Designer|
|Traditional Gene Synthesis Services||Value Gene Sythesis Services||Prime Gene Synthesis Services|
|Order method||Offline and online||Online only||Offline and online|
|Sequence complexity||Available for complex and non-complex sequences||Non-Complex Sequences (GC content 20–80%, uncomplicated secondary structure and without direct/indirect repeats or long polypurine/polypyrimidine runs)||Available for complex and non-complex sequences|
|Supported sequence length (bp)||100 – 12,000||200 – 5,000||100 – 12,000|
|QC sequencing method||
|Add-on services or upgrades||
|Standard production time||Starting from 7 days*||Starting from 10 days||Starting from 7 days*|
* Express and SuperSPEED are available for faster service. For a more detailed see the table below.
Order with confidence
Like all GeneArt Gene Synthesis services, our standard gene synthesis includes the following components to help assure that your construct meets all of your research, quality, and documentation requirements.
GeneArt Gene Synthesis production times
It is important to note that genes are made-to-order products and can show variations in producibility, depending on the complexity of the DNA sequence. Typical production times are met for > 90% of genes produced. Production time is now faster by 2 days for genes up to 7 kb and by 9 days for genes between 7 – 9 kb. Production time is the number of business days required to synthesize genes in our manufacturing facility. Delivery time is in addition to production time and depends on the destination of the shipment.
|Prime Gene Synthesis||Value Gene Synthesis|
|200–1,200||7-9||6-7||5||Starting from 10|
|1,201–2,000||9-12||8-10||6-7 (up to 1,800bp)||13|
|3,001–5,000||Starting from 17||Starting from 15||N/A||Starting from 20|
|5,001–7,000||Starting from 22||Starting from 20||N/A||N/A|
|7,001–9,000||Starting from 22||Starting from 20||N/A||N/A|
|9,001–12,000||Starting from 27||Starting from 25||N/A||N/A|
* Valid for standard gene synthesis (non-complex, GC content 20-80%, repetitions, secondary structures). For complex sequences, production times will be longer and these will be communicated prior to production.
** Subject to sequence assessment. Order must be placed by 3:00 p.m. CET.
Please note: Rarely, requested sequences are found to be toxic and/or genetically unstable. These production times are only valid for nontoxic sequences that are genetically stable in E. coli.
(Sub) genome and long gene synthesis ordering
For researchers who need long custom DNA constructs for pharmaceutical development (e.g. viral genomes) or for metabolic engineering, pathway engineering, or synthetic biology, we offer a fast, reliable, and economic solution—our proprietary and completely in-house GeneArt DNA synthesis and assembly services.
- High-throughput gene synthesis with a capacity of >8.5 Mbp per month (fast and reliable production of DNA pieces for assembly)
- Expert design and assembly technologies and process expertise for the assembly of constructs from 10 kb to several hundred kilobases, with timelines starting from 25 business days
- Robust technologies to build DNA constructs with highest complexity
- Sanger sequencing and next-generation sequencing offer flexible solutions for sequence verification and final QC
- Proven track record of reliable and timely production for long and complex constructs, with dozens of constructs built each year
- Proprietary technologies to build high-quality gene fragments up to 3 kb, and assembly kits that enable do-it-yourself construction and assembly
Learn more about (Sub) genome size and long gene synthesis
Why choose GeneArt Gene Synthesis
- Flexible, custom process: Obtain the exact sequence you need in the vector of your choice—including challenging, complex constructs, and custom vectors.
- Maximized protein yield: Optional sequence processing with GeneOptimizer software generates sequence variants with enhanced mRNA stability and translational efficiency.
- Rapid synthesis and assembly: Standard turnaround times start at 10 business days (accelerated options available).
- Economical: The cost of the GeneArt Gene Synthesis service rivals costs that would be incurred to purchase the oligonucleotides and molecular biology reagents required for gene synthesis, and outsourcing your gene synthesis and cloning means you can focus on your research.
- Excellent accuracy: All custom synthesized genes are sequenced as part of our ISO 9001:2015–certified quality management system; we only ship constructs with exact sequence agreement.
- Multiple options: We can synthesize ready-to-clone linear fragments, synthetic genes in circular plasmids, complete vectors, and more. Compare all gene synthesis options
- "GeneArt it": Save time and labor by outsourcing your gene synthesis and cloning so you can focus on your research.
Gene synthesis is a fast, simple alternative to traditional cloning
Whether you have limited cloning experience or simply want to save time, the GeneArt Gene Synthesis service helps you move your ideas from the planning stage to the laboratory more quickly. Benefit from our experience in successfully producing over 180,000 constructs for customers as diverse as large pharmaceutical companies, biotechnology start-ups, and basic research institutions. The comparison shown below highlights the time and effort saved compared to traditional cloning.
GeneArt Gene Synthesis process
Submitted DNA sequences are designed by our team of highly skilled scientists to include/exclude restriction enzyme sites and translation elements as requested, and are optionally optimized using our GeneOptimizer software for maximum protein production.
All constructs are sequence-verified; only those that match the requested sequence 100% are shipped. The DNA is delivered as 5 µg lyophilized plasmid DNA in microcentrifuge tube.
Up to a 100-fold increase in expression
The GeneOptimizer process has been shown to help deliver large increases in protein yield via a combination of factors that stabilize mRNA and maximize translation efficacy (see figure). Efficacy has been proven in a large comparative gene expression study (Multiparameter RNA and Codon Optimization: A Standardized Tool to Assess and Enhance Autologous Mammalian Gene Expression Fath et al., 2011 PLoS ONE).
Comparative expression analysis of wild type vs. an optimized human gene. Western blot analysis using α-His antibody. Expression levels of 2 independent transfections per wild type and optimized construct are displayed, showing a 3-fold difference in expression in this particular analysis. Standardization is based on endogenous protein.
Save time with the new express cloning service
Using an alternative production procedure with pre-prepared expression vectors, we can clone your GeneArt synthesized genes directly into selected expression plasmids, saving
Turnaround time for expression-ready genes starts at 11 business days (depending on the length of your gene). Adding the gene synthesis express upgrade cuts an additional 2 days, so it is possible to get a turnaround time of 9 business days for your cloned, expression-ready gene.
Learn more about our express cloning service
Related products and services
Comprehensive genome editing and engineering solutions
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.