|Catalog Number||Unit Size||Price (USD)||Availability||Quantity|
|C640003||5 x 100 µL|
Online Offer: 391.65
MegaX DH10B T1R Electrocomp Cells are the highest-efficiency electrocompetent cells available. Improved production processes provide a transformation efficiency reaching >3 x 1010 cfu/µg of pUC DNA, making MegaX DH10B T1R cells ideal for highly demanding cloning or cDNA and gDNA library construction applications.
The DH10B T1R strain has all the benefits of DH10B genotype, with the addition of the tonA (also known as fhuA) genotype that confers resistance to T1 and T5 phage infection. The inclusion of the tonA genotype offers added security to protect valuable clones and libraries. MegaX DH10B T1R cells carry mutations in the methylation-dependent E. coli K12 restriction system (mcrA, mcrBC, and mrr) allowing construction of genomic libraries of both prokaryotic and eukaryotic genomic DNA, as well as efficient plasmid rescue from eukaryotic genomes. This strain also has the lacZΔM15 genotype, providing for the option of blue-white screening on plates containing either X-Gal or Bluo-Gal. Finally, the endA1 mutation makes DH10B T1R an excellent vehicle for amplifying plasmid DNA for subsequent extraction and purification.
MegaX DH10B T1R Electrocomp Cells offer:
• Highest transformation efficiency of >3 x 1010 cfu/µg
• tonA (fhuA) genotype to confer resistance to T1 and T5 phage
• lacZΔM15 marker provides α-complementation of the β-galactosidase gene allowing blue/white screening on agar plates containing X-Gal or Bluo-Gal
• mcrA genotypic marker and the mcrBC, mrr deletion allows for cloning DNA that contains methylcytosine and methyladenine
• endA1 mutation enables increased plasmid yield and quantity
• recA1 for reduced occurrence of nonspecific recombination in cloned DNA
Note: A high-voltage electroporation apparatus is required.
F–mcrA Δ(mrr-hsdRMS-mcrBC) φ80lacZΔM15 ΔlacX74 recA1 endA1 araD139 Δ(ara-leu)7697 galU galK λrpsL(StrR) nupG tonA
Find the strain and format that fits your needs
We offer other DH strains in chemically competent and electrocompetent cell formats to meet your specific needs.
Electroporation cuvettes are available in 0.1 cm, 0.2 cm, and 0.4 cm gaps.
Strains are available in several MultiShot formats for high throughput applications.
Explore bacterial growth media formats.