The Thermo Scientific Pierce 6xHis Protein Tag Stain Reagent Set is a fluorescent stain for preferential detection of histidine-tagged (His-tagged) recombinant fusion proteins in protein polyacrylamide gels.
The unique fluorescent stain specifically detects histidine-tagged fusion proteins that have been electrophoresed in polyacrylamide gels (e.g., SDS-PAGE). With this stain, expression of His-tagged recombinant proteins can be assessed directly in-gel, eliminating membrane transfer and Western blotting steps that are typically used to confirm purity and yield of tagged proteins. Although the lower limit of detection depends on which UV lamp (300nm) and detection equipment (CCD camera best) are used, the stain is convenient for in-process assessment of His-tagged protein production and is compatible with subsequent staining with coomassie dye and other total protein stains.
Features of the 6xHis Protein Tag Stain Reagent Set:
• Two- to three-times faster than Western blotting—get results sooner and save hours of valuable research time
• Detects directly on the gel—can eliminate the need for a membrane transfer and Western blot step for the detection of at least 0.2 µg of 6xHis-tagged protein
• Ready-to-use, two-reagent formula—no mixing, no diluting and no fuss; guarantees a simple-to-perform, mistake-free detection protocol
• Specific fluorescent detection of 6xHis-tagged proteins—see only what you want to see (CCD camera recommended for low abundance proteins; UV-transilluminator for abundant proteins)
• Compatible with double-staining—follow His-tagged protein staining with Thermo Scientific GelCode Blue Stain Reagent for a total protein profile determination
• Stain and developer solutions (500 mL each)
• UV lamp source (300nm) and CCD camera
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.