Thermo Scientific Pierce Glutathione Superflow Agarose consists of glutathione that has been immobilized to a crosslinked 6% beaded agarose that is designed for high-purity, large-scale purification of GST-tagged proteins.
Features of Glutathione Superflow Agarose:
• High dynamic binding capacity
– binds 10 mg of pure GST per mL of resin at a linear flow rate of 150 cm/hour; can bind greater than 20 mg/mL at 30 cm/hour flow rate
• High purity
– provides greater than 90% purity when used to purify overexpressed GST or GST-fusion proteins from lysates
– highly crosslinked 6% agarose Superflow beaded support tolerates linear flow rates up to 1200 cm/hour
– maintains function after exposure to a wide variety of chemicals and pH values
• Cost effective
– resin is stable through multiple cycles of cleaning and reuse
Pierce Glutathione Superflow Agarose is a highly crosslinked, durable resin that does not compress at flow rates required for medium- to large-scale FPLC purifications. The resin holds up well to a variety of chemical and pH values, and it is compatible with common clean-in-place procedures. The specific binding of glutathione to the GST-tag results in high purity and high yield in a single step purification process.Applications:
• Medium- to large-scale FPLC purification of GST-tagged proteins
Affinity chromatography is often used as a quick and easy approach for the purification of recombinant proteins. One of the more common recombinant protein purification methods involves expressing a target protein as a fusion with glutathione S-transferase (GST) and then purifying it via the strong and highly specific interaction of GST to glutathione which has been immobilized on a beaded support.
Pierce Glutathione Superflow Agarose enables high-purity purification of GST fusion proteins using medium to high flow rates. Glutathione has been immobilized by its central sulfhydryl group via a 12-atom spacer arm to a highly crosslinked 6% beaded Superflow agarose. To demonstrate performance, GST was overexpressed and purified on a 48L scale. Biomass (170 g) containing overexpressed GST was lysed with 1.7 L of lysis buffer. The lysate was clarified using centrifugation and split into two fractions. The target protein was then purified using Pierce Glutathione Superflow Agarose and another leading supplier's resin in equivalent 200 mL packed bead columns. The total yield, recovery, and purity (>95%) were nearly identical for both resins.More Product Data
• Performance characterization of Pierce Glutathione Superflow AgaroseRelated ProductsPierce™ Glutathione Agarose
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.