The MagMAX™ DNA Multi-Sample Ultra Kit is optimized to isolate genomic DNA (gDNA) from a variety of samples, such as whole blood, buccal cells, saliva, urine, blood cards, mouth rinse, and tissue. gDNA purified with the kit is ideal for qPCR applications on sensitive, scalable platforms such as the QuantStudio™ 12K Flex System with OpenArray® Block (with AccuFill™ System). The magnetic bead–based purification format allows you to easily scale from processing 12 to 500 samples a day, making it the ideal choice for pharmacogenomics (PGx) studies.
Features of the MagMAX™ DNA Multi-Sample Ultra Kit include: • Streamlined protocols for numerous non-invasive biological samples • Optimized to provide DNA yields suitable for OpenArray® and Ion AmpliSeq™ applications • Packaged for high-throughput needs
One Kit for a Diverse Set of Sample Types Why purchase multiple purification kits to isolate gDNA from different sample types? The MagMAX™ DNA Multi-Sample Ultra Kit eliminates the headache of ordering these extra kits because it has been optimized for use with a variety of biological samples. The kit is designed for high-throughput isolation of gDNA from 1 buccal swab, 50 to 350 µL of whole blood, up to 400 µL urine (without sample concentration), up to 150 µL saliva, 1-5 mL mouth rinse, blood spot cards, and mammalian tissue samples (up to 10 mg). The protocols and magnetic bead format make the kit fully amenable to automation.
*Please note that the Thermo Scientific™ KingFisher™ Flex Magnetic Particle Processor with a 24 Deep-well Head is recommended for sample volumes greater than 50 µL.
Benefits of MagMAX™ Magnetic Bead–based Purification Magnetic beads offer many benefits compared to other technologies for isolating gDNA. Beads bind gDNA more efficiently than glass fiber filters, resulting in higher and more consistent gDNA yields. Additionally, because filters are not used, there is no risk of filter clogging due to cellular particulates in samples.
Accessory Products Proteinase K (A25561), DNA Binding Beads (A25562), Wash Solution 1 Concentrate (AM8504), and Wash Solution 2 Concentrate (AM8640) are components of the kit that may also be purchased separately.
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.
Contents & storage
• DNA Binding Beads, 1 × 8 mL (store at 2–8°C, DO NOT FREEZE)
• DNA Elution Buffer 1, 1 x 25 mL (store at room temperature)
• DNA Elution Buffer 2, 1 x 25 mL (store at room temperature)
• Wash Solution 1 Concentrate, 1 x 80 mL* (store at room temperature)
• Wash Solution 2 Concentrate, 1 x 162 mL* (store at room temperature)
• Multi-Sample DNA Lysis Buffer, 1 x 100 mL (store at room temperature)
• Nuclease-Free Water, 1 x 100 mL (store at room temperature)
• PK Buffer, 1 x 96 mL (store at room temperature)
• Proteinase K, 1 x 4 mL (store at -5 to -30°C)
• Ribonuclease A (RNase A), 1 x 1.25 mL (store at -5 to -30°C)
*after addition of alcohol