The Applied Biosystems TaqMan SCID/SMA Plus Assay is a multiplex real-time PCR assay that detects the SMN1 gene, TREC, and KREC, as well as the RNase P gene as an internal genomic control. For an assay that detects only SMN1 and TREC, please see the TaqMAN SCID/SMA Assay (Cat. No. A48566).
Features of the TaqMan SCID/SMA Plus Assay include:
• Optimized for SCID and SMA
• Direct extraction from DBS samples for reduced hands-on time and cost
• Compatible with 96- or 384-reaction protocols
• High-quality results for 96 samples within 55 min using the fast cycling protocol
• Minimal liquid-dispensing steps for easy automation
Complete solution from DBS to result
The TaqMan SCID/SMA Plus Assay detects SMN1, TREC, and KREC, as well as the RNase P gene as an internal genomic control. The assay solution contains a mixture of primers and probes for each target plus an SMN2 blocker. From DBS to result, less than 40 min of hands-on time and only four reagent-dispensing steps are required for 96-well plates. One additional pipetting transfer step from 96- to 384-well plates is needed. A real-time PCR instrument with at least five filters is required to detect the reporter dyes plus the passive reference dye.
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.