Thermo Scientific Native Taq DNA Polymerase is a highly thermostable DNA polymerase of the thermophilic bacterium Thermus aquaticus. The enzyme catalyzes 5'→3' synthesis of DNA, has no detectable 3'→5' exonuclease (proofreading) activity and possesses low 5'→3' exonuclease activity. In addition, the polymerase exhibits deoxynucleotidyl transferase activity, which frequently results in the addition of extra adenines at the 3'-end of PCR products. Native Taq DNA Polymerase is preferred for amplification of bacterial DNA sequences homologous to those found in E. coli.
• Thermostable—half life is more than 40 min at 95°C.
• Generates PCR products with 3'-dA overhangs.
• Supplied with two buffers—10X Taq Buffer with KCl and 10X Taq Buffer with (NH4)2SO4. The latter allows for PCR at wide range of magnesium concentrations and decreases unspecific priming.
• Incorporates modified nucleotides (e.g., biotin-, digoxigenin-, fluorescently-labeled nucleotides).
• Routine PCR amplification of DNA fragments up to 5 kb
• DNA labeling (see Reference s 1-3)
• High throughput PCR
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.