Dynabeads Intact Virus Enrichment (optimized for SARS-CoV-2) are 1-µm strong anion exchange magnetic beads that bind negatively charged vesicles and molecules. The beads have been tested and optimized for enrichment of intact, live SARS-CoV-2 coronavirus from dilute cell culture and virus transport media. The enrichment is gentle and fast and can be performed in as little as 20 minutes. The virus can be easily removed from the beads in a 10-minute release step. The isolated intact virus can be used for functional studies, in contrast with current SARS-CoV-2 purification methods based on extracting RNA for detection purposes. The enriched intact virus can be used for further virus growth or in any downstream functional assays, protein research, purification of RNA for PCR, etc. In addition, the Dynabeads magnetic beads allow for high-throughput isolation in combination with any of our KingFisher instruments, thus both manual and automated protocols are available.
Why use Dynabeads Intact Virus Enrichment (optimized for SARS-CoV-2)
• Fast isolation—intact SARS-CoV-2 virus in ∼20 minutes
• Simple automation—just push the button and walk away
• High throughput—enrich up to 96 samples per run
• Functional virus—the intact virus can be used in any functional assay
• Release—the virus can be released from the beads in ∼10 minutes
How to use Dynabeads Intact Virus Enrichment (optimized for SARS-CoV-2) (manual protocol)
A mixer/roller and a DynaMag magnet is required for the washing steps. Mix the beads thoroughly before starting. Use ∼20 µL Dynabeads/mL virus sample.
1. Wash the beads twice using the magnet.
2. Add beads to sample for 10 minutes at room temperature.
3. Wash the bead-bound virus twice on the magnet to remove unbound target.
4. Optional: Release the virus from the beads in ∼10 minutes
The enriched virus is now ready for any downstream analysis.
The automated protocol is even simpler
1. Add the reagents to the plates, load the plates into the instrument and push the button.
2. Come back in 20 minutes to pick up the enriched virus (max 96 samples/run).
The COVID-19 pandemic has led to an explosion of SARS-CoV-2 detection with PCR and sequencing. But SARS-CoV-2 research has a growing need to understand how the virus works, how it influences the body and immune system, how the virus evolves over time, and how to develop new vaccines and therapies. Thus, there is an increasing need to study the intact virus. In addition, virus-like particles (VLPs), containing only virus-specific proteins and not nucleic acids, are extensively used in viral proteomic research. Dynabeads Intact Virus Enrichment Beads (optimized for SARS-CoV-2) isolate both live and inactivated SARS-CoV-2 intact virus and VLPs. The beads can also be used on other enveloped viruses, exosomes, and any other negatively charged vesicles and molecules.
In addition, with use of a KingFisher instrument, the automated protocols can help increase the consistency of the results as well as save hands-on time and total time if working with many samples simultaneously.
If you are in a process of customizing Dynabeads Intact Virus Enrichment (optimized for SARS-CoV-2) in a commercial product or service, or you need a larger bulk volume of this product, please contact us at email@example.com.