The 3500xL 24-capillary platform can run a wide variety of applications, including de novo sequencing and resequencing (mutational profiling), as well as microsatellite analysis, MLPA™, LOH, MLST, AFLP™ and SNP validation or screening. The majority of applications can be run on a single polymer and capillary array.
This package includes a 24-capillary instrument, 3500 Series Data Collection Software, a Dell Workstation and monitor, as well as reagent kits for system qualification and secondary analysis software. The 3500 Series Data Collection Software supports sequencing and fragment analysis, and integrates seamlessly with downstream software for secondary analysis of genetic data. This package includes such secondary software: GeneMapper™ software for fragment analysis and software for resequencing applications.
• An 8 capillary system that can easily be upgraded to a 24-capillary system when you’re ready.
• Single-line, 505 nm, solid-state, long-life laser that utilizes a standard power supply and requires no heat-removal ducting
• Powerful, integrated data collection and primary analysis software provides real-time assessment of data quality
• Radio frequency identification (RFID) technology tracks key consumables data and records administrative information
• Advanced multiplexing capabilities for DNA fragment analysis with up to six unique dyes
• Unrivaled application flexibility—one array and one polymer are used for most applications.
• Simple setup, operation and maintenance
Accurate Reliable Data Quality
The 3500 series systems significantly improves signal uniformity from instrument-to-instrument, run-to-run, and capillary-to-capillary. With a combination of intelligent hardware, powerful new algorithm and reagent combinations, these methods provide major reduction in the range of signal peak heights obtained across multiple 3500 series instruments (see figure).
Improved Sizing Precision
New thermal sub-system design gives enhanced performance in demanding fragment applications enabling improved sizing precision versus previous generations of capillary electrophoresis platforms.
Ready to Use Consumables With RFID Tags
The 3500 series introduces ready-to-use consumables with pre-packaged polymer pouches, cathode and anode buffer containers, and easy-to-install capillary arrays. Each of these consumables is integrated with RFID tags that enable viewing, tracking, and reporting of critical information about reagents and consumables including usage, lot number, part number, expiry date, and on-instrument lifetime within the 3500 Series Data Collection Software.
Easy to Use Data Collection Software
3500 Series Data Collection software breaks new ground in user-friendly navigation with an intuitive dashboard design, highly visible buttons for common operations, easy-to-read graphical displays to monitor the state of consumables and handy maintenance scheduling calendar functionality. New functionality includes simplified plate set-up and built-in primary analysis with quality control, so you can make decisions about the quality of data as it is produced on the instrument without the need to transfer output files into secondary analysis software packages.