The Thermo Scientific™ Pierce™ 6 Protein Digest Standard, Equimolar, LC-MS Grade, is a highly validated equimolar protein digest mixture for use as a quality control sample for mass spectrometry (MS) analysis of proteomic samples.
• Positive control sample—optimized and validated as a quality control standard for mass spectrometry applications
• Excellent sequence coverage—on average, greater than 70% sequence coverage of the 6-protein mixture
• Validated peptide quality—digestion procedure optimized for minimal missed cleavages and over-alkylation
• Rigorously tested—high-quality, consistent, 6-protein digest guaranteed and documented via lot-specific certificates of analysis
• Stable—provided in a stable lyophilized format
The Pierce 6 Protein Digest Standard contains an equimolar mixture of highly pure bovine cytochrome c, lysozyme, alcohol dehydrogenase, bovine serum albumin, apo-transferrin, and beta-galactosidase. The proteins are reduced, alkylated (iodoacetic acid), digested (MS-grade trypsin), and desalted (C18) after trypsin digestion to provide a quality LC/MS-grade standard free of intact protein. The peptide digest provides excellent sequence coverage with minimal over-alkylation and missed cleavages. This digest has been robustly tested for peptide quality, digestion efficiency, and lot-to-lot uniformity and is suitable for LC and LC-MS applications.
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.