LInspector Measurement and Control System is the latest in a long line of Thermo Scientific gauging solutions. It is specifically designed for the different processes required in the manufacture of electrode and separator products in lithium-ion batteries.
Advanced sensor technology is at the heart of the LInspector Measurement and Control System with the inclusion of the latest Thermo Scientific beta, x-ray and laser sensor devices. Analytics and reporting capabilities such as roll, shift, and production reports, 3D profile displays, zoom displays, SPC/QC control charts, and defect mapping also help to maintain in-spec production and reduce the risk of non-uniformity and other downstream battery production issues.
LInspector Measurement and Control System addresses the need for accurate measurement in all stages of manufacture for lithium-ion battery electrode and separator film products. Advanced mapping strategies are available for separator film thickness control in wet and dry processes. Proprietary techniques for high-speed direct thickness measurement of continuous, patch, or strip coatings are also available for electrode coating, while confocal technology delivers unprecedented resolution and accuracy for electrode calendering applications.
This combination of sensor accuracy, reporting capabilities and innovative techniques provides manufacturers with an unrivaled single source, end-to-end measurement and control solution for all their continuous web battery components, enabling them to deliver world-class lithium-ion battery products.
- Dedicated application packages for separator film, electrode coating, and electrode calendering
- Available for both wet and dry separator film processes
- Integrated mass balance mapping for superior Automatic Profile Control of separator film
- Automatic cast shape target calculation
- SameSpot sensor head synchronization for superior differential coat weight measurement.
- For patch, strip, or continuous coatings
- Coat weight and calender thickness control available.
The LInspector Measurement and Control System consists of one or more scanner(s), sensor(s) and control system (as applicable) tailored to the application:
- Separator film: Thermo Scientific MKIII Scanner and Thermo Scientific Beta Plus Basis Weight or Thermo Scientific X-Ray Master Direct Thickness Sensor
- Electrode coating: Thermo Scientific INTEGRA O-Frame Scanner and Beta Plus Basis Weight or X-Ray Master Direct Thickness Sensor
- Electrode calendaring: Thermo Scientific INTEGRA C-Frame Scanner with Dual Laser Sensor
- Wonderware Intouch Visualization Software Version 14 R2
- Dell OptiPlex XE3 Pc