The Thermo Scientific HyPerforma Single-Use Mixer (S.U.M.) with touchscreen console is designed using proven mixer platform principles and used for upstream and downstream mixing applications. The HyPerforma S.U.M. offers an ergonomic and efficient user experience. The complete line of HyPerforma single-use mixers includes 50, 100, 200, 500, 1000 and 2000 L sizes, helping ensure consistent scalability for a number of applications from powder media and buffer hydration to advanced downstream harvest and intermediate pooling steps. The touchscreen console provides an unsurpassed user experience while providing agitation, pump, and TCU control, as well as easy-to-monitor pH, conductivity, temperature, mass, and pressure measurements. The touchscreen console also provides the capability for automated acid, base, and saline titration and automated vessel fill and harvest.
HyPerforma S.U.M. features include:
• Unique proprietary mixing system that provides conventional overhead mixing while maintaining sterility and integrity of the S.U.M. BioProcess Container (BPC)
• Modular graphical touchscreen user interface allows easy viewing of mass, pH, conductivity, temperature, and pressure measurements, and agitation, pump control, and temperature settings (if applicable, for jacketed vessel)
• Data management through Modbus, Profibus, Ethernet, and USB
• Automated acid, base, and saline titration
• Automated mixer fill and harvest control
• Recipe development and storage capabilities
• Simple bag loading with a vertical access door (available on 500 L, 1000 L, and 2000 L sizes)
• Minimized vessel footprint and reduced hold-up volume
• Cable management system provides greater organization for electrical cables, tubing, and line sets
• Dedicated adjustable tool holder keeps necessary tools available
• Mixer vessel is offered non-jacketed (no heat transfer) or with a water jacket (vessel side and bottom). Water jacket is used with separate external temperature control unit for heat transfer requirement.
• Three load cell weighing systems enable accurate batch weight monitoring
• Option to use probes for temperature, pH, conductivity, and pressure monitoring
• S.U.M. BPCs offered in CX5-14 and Aegis5-14 films
Applications of the HyPerforma S.U.M. include:
• Powder media hydration
• Liquid media concentrate dilution
• Harvest hold tank
• Viral inactivation
• Downstream intermediate pooling
• Final product hold and additive suspension
As an engineering-to-order product, the HyPerforma S.U.M. with touchscreen console can be fully integrated with either HyPerforma G3 Bioprocess Controllers or controllers from other manufacturers, providing an open-architecture mixing solution configured to your unique requirements. The touchscreen console has the capability to integrate Thermo Scientific TruBio automation software powered by Emerson’s DeltaV Distributed Control platform, enabling users to optimize data acquisition, while maintaining full compliance with 21 CFR Part 11.