Release notes: June 2020
Version 4.0 of HCS Studio fixes several general bugs. It also introduces the new EurekaScan Finder feature for CX7 and CX7LZR which allows for multiple targeted automated scans at higher magnification based on criteria and information found at lower magnifications.
IMPORTANT!! Review the below Installation Instructions below before updating your software.
For CX7 & CX7LZR
- New feature for HCS Studio software that significantly shortens your instrument runtime and analysis efforts by automating the detection and subsequent capture of events at higher magnification.
For CX5, CX7, CX7LZR, Toolbox, & View
iView bug fixes
- iView will automatically display images after closing window between well viewings instead of having to select the refresh button.
- iView will not automatically refresh the well images when multiple wells are selected making it easier to compare images from multiple wells.
- In iView user can now select 0 pixel spacing between fields.
General bug fixes
- Scan log naming conventions adjusted so log files will be grouped together when sorted by name.
- Firmware update that eliminates infrequent Orbitor dropped plates by increasing stage distance.
- Eliminated Mover Framework installation as part of scan software installation.
Software download and installation instructions
While only the Instrument Installer contains the new EurekaScan Find functionality, we recommended downloading and updating any instrument, toolbox (client), and/or View PCs to this latest build for full functionality, usability, and bug fixes. Please see all IMPORTANT!! notes below.
IMPORTANT!! If updating existing software you must have HCS Studio version 3.0 (Build 8141 or later) for the install to be successful. If you have an older version, please contact HCStechnicalsupport@thermofisher.com for guidance on how to continue.
IMPORTANT!! Your PC’s language settings must be set to English (United States) prior to installation.
IMPORTANT!! If you are using a Standalone database, you must follow the steps outlined in the “If using Standalone database” section below or risk losing your protocols and form factors.
IMPORTANT!! Customers are strongly encouraged to create a system restore point, prior to proceeding with the below software installation. This will allow you to rollback in case of any problems during or after the installation. If on a Windows 10 PC, this can most efficiently be found by clicking the search windows and typing “restore”. If on a Windows 7 PC, this is done by searching for “system restore”.
IMPORTANT!! If you are currently using the on-board SQL server (mini-store), contact HCS technical support at HCStechnicalsupport@thermofisher.com prior to your installation for assistance with reconnecting to this database after the software installation.
The installation and subsequent calibration process will take you between 1-2 hours to complete on your instrument. The full set of download and installation instructions for HCS Studio 4.0 can be accessed via the link below.
If you experience problems with the download or installation, please contact:
HCA hardware support
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.