Identifiler® Plus Product Overview
Forensic DNA casework laboratories have always encountered a percentage of challenging samples that are difficult to analyze successfully. However, sample submissions for DNA analysis have expanded in recent years to cover a much wider range of case types, including property crimes and lesser felonies. As a result, forensic laboratories now have to process more samples that suffer from one or more of a variety of complicating factors (e.g. low level DNA, degradation, new or unfamiliar PCR inhibitors, 2 or more contributors). All of these challenging conditions can impact significantly the ability of the analyst to obtain a DNA profile that can be interpreted with confidence.
The AmpFℓSTR® Identifiler® Plus PCR Amplification Kit has been developed specifically to address the needs of forensic casework laboratories. The Identifiler® Plus Kit utilizes the same primers as the widely used Identifiler® Kit, and harnesses next generation PCR amplification technology to help provide a new level of performance, data quality, and efficiency. This enables forensic analysts to recover more interpretable results from challenging casework samples with increased confidence.
- Helps significantly improve performance on severely inhibited casework samples through the use of a high performance PCR buffer system and optimized thermal cycling parameters
- Yields higher peak heights from low-level samples and minor contributors in mixtures to facilitate interpretation
- Enables additional analytical flexibility by utilizing fully-validated 28- and 29-cycle protocols
- Streamlines workflow by enabling reduced amplification time
- Maintains the small amplicon size range of the Identifiler® Kit (<360 bp) for recovery of information from degraded samples; works in conjunction with the MiniFiler™ Kit to help maximize recovery from heavily degraded samples
- Maintains primer sequences for genotyping concordance with samples typed with the Identifiler®, Identifiler® Direct, Profiler Plus®, COfiler® and SGM Plus® Kits
- Utilizes an improved primer manufacturing process to help significantly reduce artifacts
For Research Forensic or Paternity Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures. For licensing and limited use restrictions visit thermofisher.com/HIDlicensing