The Thermo Scientific pTK-Cypridina
Luc Vector is a multiple cloning site plasmid designed to accept a promoter sequence for study of gene regulation using the naturally secreting Cypridina
Luc Vectors contain a gene cloned from the marine ostracod, Cypridina noctiluca
. The gene encodes a naturally-secreted bioluminescent Cypridina
luciferase (62kDa), which enables measurement of the reporter activity in media (for real-time assays) and in cell lysates. The pTK vector has the luciferase gene under the Herpes Simplex Virus (HSV) thymidine kinase (TK) promoter, and this constitutive expression vector can be used as a normalization control to account for experimental variation in combination with other reporters.
Features of the Cypridina
• Naturally-secreting Cypridina
luciferase gene, optimized for high expression in mammalian systems
• Multiple cloning site (MCS) provides versatility for transfer of regulatory elements from one plasmid to another
• Transcription termination site (Ter), Lac operator (Lac O1), and transcriptional pause site (TPS) used to minimize background by reducing transcriptional read-through
• Both puromycin (Pur) and ampicillin (Amp) markers for drug selection in mammalian and bacterial cells, respectively
• High-copy pUC bacterial DNA replication origin
• Two control vectors available with strong (CMV) or weak (TK) constitutive promoters for co-transfection and normalization
The pMCS-, pCMV- and pTK-Cypridina
Luc Vectors encode the Cypridina
luciferase reporter with excellent light intensity.
These vectors are subject to a limited use label license.More Product Data
• Highly sensitive multiplex luciferase reporter assays
• Luciferase assays in hard-to-transfect Jurkat cells
• Monitoring neuronal differentiation using multiplexed luciferase reporters
• Activation of the antioxidant response pathway by pesticide chemicalsRelated ProductspMCS-Cypridina Luc Vector for Luciferase AssayspCMV-Cypridina Luc Vector for Luciferase Assays
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.