Thermo Scientific Triton X-100 Surfact-Amps Detergent Solution is a highly-purified Triton™ X-100 detergent stabilized as a 10% solution (w/v) in variable sizes packaged under nitrogen in 10 mL glass ampules or three sizes of non-leaching HDPE bottles, ensuring their stability and eliminating the accumulation of peroxides and degradation products.
Features of Triton X-100 Surfact-Amps Detergent Solution:
• Triton X-100
—a nonionic detergent for use in various protein methods
—precise 10% detergent solution in ultrapure water
—solution is simple to dispense and dilute for use
• Exceptionally pure
—less than 1.0µeq/mL peroxides and carbonyls
—packaged under inert nitrogen gas in glass ampules or HDPE bottlesSpecifications for Triton X-100 Surfact-Amps Detergent Solution:
• Visual: Clear to slightly hazy, colorless solution, free of particulate matter.
• Concentration: 10.0±1.0%
• Oxidants: ≤1.0µeq/mL
• Carbonyls: ≤1.0µeq/mL
• Suspended Solids: Residue present must not exceed Residue Reference.Properties of Triton X-100:
• Molecular Weight: 647g
• Detergent Class: Nonionic polyoxyethylene surfactant
• Aggregation Number: 140
• Micelle Molecular Weight: 90,000g
• Critical Micelle Concentration (CMC): 0.24 mM (0.0155% w/v)
• Cloud Point: 64°C
• Dialyzable: No
Triton X-100 is most frequently used as a component of cell lysis buffers or other solutions intended to extract and solubilize proteins.Related ProductsSurfact-Amps™ Detergent Sampler
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.