Thermo Scientific Octylthioglucoside is a low-MW nonionic detergent that is effective for cell lysis and nondenaturing protein solubilization. It is resistant to beta-D-glucoside glucohydrolase degradation.
Features of Octylthioglucoside:
• A low-molecular weight, nonionic detergent
• Effective for a variety of cell lysis and protein solubilization methods
• Unaffected by beta-glucosidase enzyme
• More stable than octyl beta-glucoside (OG)
• Can be removed from solution by dialysis
• Optically clear; low absorbance at 280nmProperties of n-Octyl-β-D-thioglucopyranoside:
• Alternative Names: Octylthioglucoside, OTG
• Chemical Name: n-Octyl-β-D-thioglucopyranoside
• Molecular Weight: 308.44g
• Detergent Class: Nonionic
• Aggregation Number: Unknown
• Micelle Molecular Weight: Unknown
• Critical Micelle Concentration (CMC): 9 mM (0.2772%, w/v)
• Cloud Point: >100°C
• Dialyzable: YesSpecifications for Octylthioglucoside (OTG) (Part No. 28351):
• Visual: White powder, free of foreign material.
• Solubility: Solution must be clear, colorless and free of particulate matter.
• Identity: The IR scan must show only peaks characteristic for the structure and functional groups of the compound being tested.Related ProductsOctyl-beta-Glucoside DetergentSurfact-Amps™ Detergent Sampler
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.