Thermo Scientific Pierce ECL Plus Substrate is an acridan-based chemiluminescent and chemifluorescent HRP substrate for western blot detection using X-ray film or CCD- or laser-based imagers. This product is sold as Pierce ECL 2 Substrate (Cat. #PI80196X3) through Fisher Scientific and other channels.
Features of ECL Plus Substrate:
• Easy to use—can be substituted for the discontinued GE ECL Plus Substrate without any re-optimization
• Higher sensitivity—detect targets down to the low-picogram level
• Longer signal duration—sustained light output for as long as 5 hours
• More imaging options—X-ray, CCD or laser-based imagers
• More affordable—high quality and performance at a lower price than other suppliers' similar substrates
Pierce ECL Plus Substrate generates acridinium esters when it reacts with HRP. As these ester intermediates react with peroxide, they produce a strong and sustained chemiluminescent signal that can be captured by X-ray film CCD imaging. The substrate also produces a robust fluorescent signal that can be captured with fluorescence imagers. Pierce ECL Plus Substrate enables the detection of low-picogram amounts of target protein on nitrocellulose or PVDF membrane when probed with appropriate primary and secondary antibody concentrations. Its broad dynamic range, high sensitivity and long-lasting signal make Pierce ECL Plus Substrate an excellent choice for western blot analysis.
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.