The Ion 318™ Chip Kit v2 BC contains 8 barcoded chips for sample tracking and sequencing runs using the Ion Personal Genome Machine™ (PGM™) System, the first PostLight™ semiconductor-based sequencer. The Ion 318™ Chip v2 BC detects polymerase-driven base incorporation and translates this information into digital form. By eliminating the use of light-producing chemistry and optical systems, this revolutionary advance in next-generation sequencing technology makes massively parallel sequencing affordable to nearly every lab.
The Ion 318™ Chip v2 BC offers:
• Barcodes that provide sample tracking functionality
• 600 Mb–2.0 Gb of sequence data with a rapid run time of only 4–7 hours
• Support for a variety of applications, including targeted gene sequencing and microbial Sequencing with 4–5.5 million reads per run
• Easy handling and loading of templated products for sequencing
• Compatibility with current library preparation methods
• This product is compatible with the Ion Chef™ and Ion PGM™ workflow.
• Use of a barcoded chip kit is required when using the Ion PGM™ IC 200 Kit (Cat. No. 4484080) for sample tracking on the Ion Chef™ workflow.