Solid medium culture used to be the standard procedure for detecting M. avium
(MAP), the causative agent of Johne's Disease, in ruminant fecal samples before para
-JEM reagents. Due to the bacterium's long generation time, it can take up to 12 weeks of incubation on solid medium before the bacteria are detected. The para
-JEM System is a unique, liquid culture method that combines a full line of reagents with the powerful Thermo Scientific™ VersaTREK™ Automated Microbial Detection System for faster, automated detection of MAP.
-JEM System includes a number of unique features:
- Detects faster—able to recover MAP in as little as 2 to 3 weeks, much earlier than conventional methods*
- Provides increased sensitivity over conventional methods*
- Provides semi-quantitation for low, medium and high shedders based on time-to-detection*
- Reduces labor with fewer false positives, false negatives and contaminants*
- Improves workflow with most tests concluded at six weeks for high, medium and many low shedders*
-JEM reagents with the fully automated VersaTREK Microbial Detection System, which automatically incubates and continuously monitors culture bottles for accurate, reliable organism detection as well as enhanced ergonomics and workflow versatility.
Not all products are available for sale in all territories. Please inquire.
VersaTREK, Sensititre™, Remel™ and Oxoid™ products are now part of the Thermo Scientific brand, combining powerful manual, semi-automated and fully automated test products with a comprehensive line of media and diagnostic products, providing a complete, end-to-end solution to quickly deliver the products you need and the quality results your laboratory depends on.